Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Security Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
- The role will be charged with providing support to the Head, Network Security in ensuring Network Security in line with the Airtel Africa Information System Policy (AAISP) relating to Networks.
Ensure Compliance to Airtel Africa Information Security Policy (AAISP) as relates to Network:
- Implementation, Compliance and Controls of Networks relating to AAISP and ISO standards
- To work with Network Managed Services partners to ensure their compliance to AAISP in regard to Airtel Business
Periodic audit of Network processes:
- To work with all units in Network to ensure readiness of the team at all times to external and internal audit queries
Deployment and maintenance of security operations systems:
- To work with MPBN and IT SNOC to ensure assurance of their firewall rules
- To work with Network Managed Service partner and Airtel internal team to ensure basic hardening standards per industry best practice is implemented across all systems
- To work with Network Managed Service partners to carry out vulnerability scans and remediation of vulnerabilities before go live.
Security of Physical Asset:
- Airtel network physical assets at MSC locations and data centres, working through Facilities of SCM
- Physical cabling and device security within the core nodes working with MS partners and Networks Core team
- Physical security of assets at sites, working through Operations team and Tower co-partners
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Telecom or Electronics or equivalent
- Certification in Security will be an advantage e.g. CISSP, CISM, OSCP
- A minimum of 7 years or more of work experience in the Telecoms environment
- Must understand telecom NMS and OSS
- Should have experience in GSM, WCDMA and LTE domains through telecom experience.
- Should understand Telecom billing and Revenue assurance activities
- Strong capabilities in Unix operating systems and programming languages e.g. Python, C++
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to draw conclusions from complex technical data
- Strong analytical capabilities and troubleshooting
- Customer knowledge about internal as well as external customers and awareness of their situation and needs.
- General Process knowledge
- Business knowledge – to have knowledge in business and financial awareness to ensure understanding of the implications of revenues
- Team player
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online