The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Consultant to Provide Technical Assistance for Mapping of Providers of Antenatal Care / Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV Services in 36+1 States
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 10 days
Starting Date: January 2022 (10 working days)
- All pregnant women are expected to be provided with quality service irrespective of their location and socio-economic status.
- However, in Nigeria, only one third of pregnant women have access to services to prevention mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) services.
- Among the many reasons is the fact these services are only available in about 25% of the approximately 25,000 antenatal clinics listed in the health facility registry maintained by the Federal Ministry of Health.
- Even at facilities that are listed as providing PMTCT services, the full range of HIV services they offer is uncertain as are the linkages between PMTCT, adult ART and paediatric ART services.
- This situation has contributed to poor PMTCT and paediatric HIV indices. By the end of 2020, the coverage of PMTCT was as low as 44%.
- Globally, Nigeria contributes the highest percentages of HIV positive pregnant women who are not on treatment (24%), babies with new HIV infections (14%), and children who die from AIDS-related causes (12%).
- The National AIDS and STI Control Programme (NASCP) has worked with all 36+1 states to develop state-specific frameworks to remedy the poor PMTCT and paediatric indices.
- The first key action in these frameworks is the identification and mapping of health facilities that provide antenatal care/PMTCT services.
- During this process, the HIV and related services each facility provides will be documented and selected data extracted.
- A substantial proportion of pregnant women receive antenatal care from traditional birth attendants (TBA) and other unskilled providers outside formal health facilities. Therefore, TBAs and their service delivery points will also be mapped as part of this process.
- The information provided by this mapping exercise will be used to designate all providers of antenatal services / PMTCT as hubs or spokes and for other programmatic actions.
- To provide technical assistance to NASCP in the planning, implementation, and documentation of the mapping of health facilities and informal service delivery locations that provide antenatal care / PMTCT services in 36+1 states.
Task Description and Responsibilities
- Technical consultation at national level for planning and execution of this assignment;
- Collation of comprehensive list of HIV/AIDS service providers and services rendered in each State by geographic location, facilities and program area based on the confirmation at the LGAs;
- Technical assistance support to NASCP, and regional consultants or Mapping and data collection;
- Support finalization of tools for implementation of this mapping assignment.
The key deliverable of the consultancy is:
- Comprehensive technical report of mapping of ANC/PMTCT Services in the 36+1 states
Qualifications / Requirements
- Advanced Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or other related area
- A minimum of seven (7) years experience in management of public health programme / project management
- Demonstrable experience in HIV data management including data analysis is required
- Experience in GIS mapping is required
- Excellent English language writing skills
- Ability to deliver reports in MS Word format and MS Excel required
- Previous experience in performing similar assignments will be an asset
- Excellent facilitation and team management experience will be an advantage.
Contracting and Accountability:
- The consultant will be accountable to the National Coordinator NASCP
Duration: This assignment will be implemented over10 working days.
|1||Development of the reporting template for the mapping exercise from the 36+1 states||1|
|2||Review and collation mapping output and reports from 36+1 states||2 – 5|
|3||Finalization of comprehensive mapping and technical report||6 – 10|
Collection of Requests for Proposal (RFP) document
- The Request for Proposal (RFP) can be downloaded from this link; https://www.naca.gov.ng/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/RFP-for-Consultant-PMTCT-_BL118-NASCP-1.12.21-FA.pdf
- S/he will be paid competitive fees for the agreed duration based on qualification and experience and in line with the approved rate. Refer to RFP document for detailed request on estimated cost of service.
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 16th December, 2021 (12 noon).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Proposals with requested documents to the address below:
Assistant Director (Procurement Unit),
National AIDS / STIs Control Programme,
Edo House, 75 Ralph Shoidende Street,
Central Business District,
Guideline for Submission and Opening of Documents
- A complete set of Proposal documents and Term of Reference (ToR) in the English Language for the consultant to provide technical assistance for mapping of providers of antenatal care / Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV Services in 36+1 states.
- The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and financial proposal.
- The original of the Technical Proposal with copies in one (1) envelope and the original of the Financial Proposal with copies in another envelope, duly marking the envelopes as “Technical” and “Financial.” shall be individually enclosed.
- The two (2) envelopes shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “consultancy to provide technical assistance for mapping of providers of antenatal care/Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV Services in 36+1 states’’ and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NASCP office at the address above.
Global Fund Code of Conduct
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
- Responding to this advert shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers.
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NASCP shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NASCP shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not construed as a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NASCP.
- NASCP is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing a reason.