NACA Recruitment 2021/2022. Is National Agency for the Control of AIDS Recruitment Form Out? If yes, You will learn how to apply at the official NACA recruitment portal on https://naca.gov.ng/.
This is a full application guide that will highlight the requirements for NACA recruitment, official Recruitment Portal, guidelines and the latest news on the NACA recruitment.
For the benefit of those who are not well versed with the function of the National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA), I am going to give a brief overview before I will talk on the application process.
About NACA Recruitment 2021
NACA is an organization charged with the responsibility of facilitating the development and management of the policies and strategies of all sectors to ensure the human, financial and organizational resources to support the successful execution of the national HIV/AIDS response programme in Nigeria.
NACA Recruitment 2021 Vacant Positions
Below are all the necessary requirements for application into National Agency for the Control of AIDS Recruitment 2021 and other important updates you need to know.
1) Finance Officer to Provide Technical Assistance to NASCP Accounts / Finance Unit
Duration: 12 months
Starting Date: October, 2021.
- The core responsibility and mandate of the National AIDS Control Programme (NASCP) is to coordinate the formulation and effective implementation of National Policies, Guidelines and Standard operating procedures for the biomedical prevention and treatment of HIV, STIs and Viral Hepatitis.
- With the re-establishment of the NTPP and recent selection of NASCP as a sub-recipient of the Nigeria 2021-2023 Global Fund grant, there is a need to further strengthen the Account/Finance Unit of the organization.
The objective of the engagement of a Finance Officer is to support the National AIDS and STIs Control Programme (NASCP) to carry out all the Financial procedures required to successfully account for all the funds it receives for implementation of HIV health sector activities.
Support the NASCP Finance Team lead to:
- Manage all project assets and stock items, ensuring a satisfactory level of accountability and internal control at all times;
- Monitor accurate cashbooks for all the bank accounts;
- Training, capacity building and transfer of knowledge
- Ensure regular and timely update and payment using Remita platform
- Ensure regular and timely bank reconciliation and following up on all reconciling items;
- Review the retirements of advances to staff to ensure that advances are retired with acceptable documentation and vouchers,
- Follow up on staff advances to ensure timely retirement including necessary refund of unspent funds;
- Review existing advance policy for effectiveness and where required, propose new strategies for effective advance management;
- Ensure advances to suppliers do not exceed the stipulated limit in the Procurement manual;
- Compare the balance of all unretired advances to the total advances within the period to identify trends and report unusual patterns;
- Regular review of insurance status, particularly for most- at-risk assets e.g. vehicles;
- Analyze monthly expenditure, raising alerts when overspends/under-spends are identified.
- Support the NASCP finance team in Preparation of receipts, payment vouchers and follow up for necessary approval/signature;
- Posting on daily basis, of financial transactions data into the NASCP computerized accounting software;
- Keep accurate record of all books of accounts and ensuring that all accounting records are consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Variance analysis and forecasting
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of the Accounts Unit.
The key deliverable of the engagement is:
- Satisfactory level of accountability and internal control maintained at all times
- Advances retired with acceptable documentation and vouchers
- Analysis of monthly expenditure, raising alerts when overspends/under-spends are identified.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of B.Sc in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience in finance/ accounting function
- Professional Accountant with ICAN certification
- Experience with Budget and financial reporting
- Previous experience working on a Global Fund funded project will be an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience in accounting and finance
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with people.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work effectively under pressure.
Global Fund Code of Conduct:
You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
Contracting and Accountability
- The successful candidate will be accountable to NASCP through the Head of the Accounts Unit.
- S/he will be paid competitive fees for the agreed duration based on qualification and experience.
2) Consultant on Community Directed Initiatives That Improve Access to HIV And STI Services and Retention Among AGYW and Key Vulnerable Populations
Supervisor: Senior Technical Specialist (PSCM)
Duration of contract: 33 months
- The Government of Nigeria under the leadership of NACA in collaboration with the Implementing Partners has received support from Global Fund to conduct an operations research on Community directed initiatives that improve access to HIV and STI services and retention among AGYW and key vulnerable populations.
- This operation research will primarily be useful for identifying models that work to address some the barriers to access for AGYW and KP including inmates and transgender persons. Identifying strategies that work will inform improvements to program quality and efficiency and effectiveness.
- It will also complement other M&E activities that will be conducted and together will provide much-needed information about which interventions and service delivery models work or do not work for reaching AGYW and key populations (inmates and transgender).
- This document outlines the terms of reference for the conduct of this operation research among the AGYW and KP in six states.
Goal and Objectives
- The goal is to conduct operations research to identify, document and disseminate successful strategies used at the community level to improve access to HIV and STI services and retention among AGYW and key populations including inmates and transgender persons.
- To identify, assess and document community directed initiatives that improve access to HIV and STI services and retention among AGYW and KP including inmates and transgender persons.
- To identify, assess and document specific strategies for removing barriers to treatment access and retention for AGYW and KP transgender persons.
Scope of Work
- The Operations research will be taking place in six (6) states of the federation. The Consultants will provide technical support for the activities that include protocol development, questionnaire/tool development, training of data collectors, data management (data collection, data quality assurance, and data analysis), report writing and dissemination of finding. The consultants will be directly supervised by the technical core team for the research, with oversight from the RM&E and Community Prevention and Care Service Departments of NACA.
The specific tasks will include the following;
- The consultants will support the design and implementation of the Operation Research.
- The consultants will support the development of draft research protocol and data collection tools required for the Operations Research.
- Facilitate workshop to finalize the research protocol and data collection tools
- Facilitate the training of data collectors for the study
- Supervision of field data collection, and ensure compliance with the methodology proposed.
- Development of data entry template, data analysis and report writing plan and share with the technical core team for approval
- Responsible for data management (quality check), analysis and interpretation and report writing.
- Development of factsheets and scientific papers for publication.
- Build the capacity of NACA staff on data management and scientific writing.
- Inception report with detailed operational workplan and timelines.
- Provide the technical core team with weekly update throughout the duration of the research (via emails/physical).
- Submit Data analysis plan.
- Submit Training and Capacity Building report
- Prepare and present OR key findings to NACA and key stakeholders in power point presentations
- Submit a comprehensive/harmonized technical and process report for the Operation Research in both soft and hard copies to NACA.
- Submit Final data set to the Research Unit of RM&E department, NACA in an acceptable format.
- Develop draft manuscript.
Duration of Consultancy:
- The assignment will be undertaken for a period of Twenty-One (21) working days.
Number of Consultants Required:
- Two consultants will be required for the two aspects of this study; AGYW and KP. Please clearly indicate the aspect you are interested in, as we would like a consultant in each of the respective areas.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Must possess at least a Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Global health/ Infectious diseases or related field. A PhD degree in related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience working in the National HIV/AIDS response, and 5-years’ experience working with the target population (AGYW/KP).
- Minimum of five (5) years experience leading in public health programme/project evaluation and /or operations research in Nigeria;
- Ability to design and plan evaluation approaches and research methodologies, including quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- A minimum of three scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Previous experience in community research/survey related activities.
- Expertise in the use of statistical applications such as Stata, SPSS, RedCap, etc
- Excellent communication, facilitation, writing and capacity building skills
- Ability to work within strict/tight deadlines.
How to Apply for NACA Recruitment 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Request for Proposal (RFP) to:
National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA),
Ground Floor Room 1.08,
No. 3 Zinguinchor Street, Beside AEDC Office,
Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.
Tel: +234-9-4613726-9 Fax: +234 94613700
Send Request for Proposal (RFP) to: email@example.com
Guideline for Submission and Opening of Documents
- The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and proposal. The documents shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Community Directed Initiatives that Improve Access to HIV and STI Services and Retention among AGYW and Key Vulnerable Populations” and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NACA office at the address below.
- Please note that there are two aspects of this study; AGYW and KP. Please indicate clearly on the envelop the aspect you are interested in, as we would like a consultant in each of the respective areas.
- The submission(s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NACA Conference Room in the presence of consultants that choose to attend.
Notes / Disclaimer
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NACA shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of law.
- NACA shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not be construed a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NACA.
- NACA is not bound to shortlist any Consultant and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing a reason.
NACA Recruitment Closing Date 2021
The deadline for National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) Recruitment has been made known. You will endeavor to complete the online registration before 17th September, 2021 else your application will not be accepted.