World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job ID: 2203819
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): One year
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities to provide high quality immunization services that will contribute to:
- The reduction of mortality, morbidity and disability from vaccine preventable diseases through the optimum use of available and new vaccines and
- The strengthening of national health systems as well as efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals
Description of Duties
- Support the WHO-Nigeria Zonal office to prepare, implement, monitor and evaluate work-plans in line with national priorities, strategies and plans.
- Support the Zone and State teams to prepare, review and/or update annual/quarterly immunization plans; Assess trends and measures outcomes relating to achieving National Plan of Action (NPA) goals in Polio eradication.
- Support regular performance reviews of Zonal and State technical teams and the preparation of performance improvement plans wherever necessary.
- Oversee the data management protocols in an aim to improve quality, accessibility, timeliness and relevance of technical data. Jobs…….scholarships……..education………grants…….npower news…….nysc…….and more trending news!
- Prepare quarterly programme status reports required for management, board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
- Oversee the coordination and deliverables of the Zonal WHO data management system Support in the creation of a monitoring and evaluation system in the country/zone through systematic information exchange from the central level to the field regarding surveillance and immunization along the WHO system. Jobs…….scholarships……..education………grants…….npower news…….nysc…….and more trending news!
- Assist in the implementation of WHO accountability framework and recommend mechanisms for effective implementation, compliance and documentation. Follow systematic information delivery on the selected deliverables in the accountability frame work for state coordinators, Cluster coordinators, LGA facilitators and Field officers. In addition, support implementation of the same for all staff under the Zone.
- Conduct supportive supervision and verification on regular basis. Systematically document technical performance of professional staff and provide periodical report to the Zonal coordinator and central Monitoring and evaluation unit for management decision to enforce accountability; Support activities aimed at strengthening partnership, advocacy as well as resource mobilization in support of improving performance of immunization activities; Undertake periodic training need assessment and take part in capacity building activities in support of immunization operations (service delivery, vaccine supply and quality, logistics, surveillance, advocacy and communication), immunization safety and operational research Systematically document the capacity building activities undertaken in the zone and share the same to the Zonal coordinator and national M&E unit.
- Document and produce evidences for the resource utilization (financial and Human) in line with the program deliverables to make sure that implementation of results should be tied up with the resource deployed. Include this as a critical deliverable in the quarterly report.
- Perform other activities as required by WHO Representative
- Essential: Degree in Medicine or Advanced University Degree in Public Health.
- Desirable: Post graduate training in public health or epidemiology from recognized academic institution.
- Essential: At least seven (7) years public health experience including field experience in planning, capacity building, monitoring and evaluation of EPI activities
- Desirable: Technical expertise in public health, epidemiology, disease control and immunization. Experience in relevant geographic region
- Technical expertise in public health and disease control. Ability to work effectively with colleagues at national and international level.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Driving the Organization’s Position in Health Leadership
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 75,602 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 3194 per month for the duty station indicated above.
- Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
Application Closing Date
4th May, 2022, 10:59:00 PM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position.
- WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual. Jobs…….scholarships……..education………grants…….npower news…….nysc…….and more trending news!
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct.
- To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- Jobs…….scholarships……..education………grants…….npower news…….nysc…….and more trending news!