The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET), is a non-profit networking and service alliance of Field Epidemiology (and Laboratory) Training Programs (FELTPs), and other applied epidemiology training programs. AFENET has operations in over 31 countries in Sub-Saharan Africa or the World Health Organization Africa Region (WHO – AFRO). Established in 2005, AFENET is dedicated to helping Ministries of Health in Africa build strong, effective, sustainable programs and capacity to improve public health systems on the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Duration of Contract: 1 Year
Work Hours: Full Time
Terms of Reference
The responsibilities of a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer:
- Lead the design and implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) function for the NSTOP including monitoring progress towards achievement its objectives.
- Provide technical input into monitoring and evaluation components of funding and project proposals.
- Provide technical assistance on evaluation design, methods, and implementation.
- Provide technical assistance to program/staff to develop, update and implement monitoring and evaluation of their programs/projects.
- Support implementation, analysis and reporting for NSTOP program
- Assist in developing M&E data collection tools and training field staff and partners in usage.
- Enter and manage M&E data, generate findings/results and translate these into actionable recommendations.
- Conduct internal data quality audits for quality assurance purposes.
- Support project staff and partners to understand M&E requirements and procedures including indicators, definitions, and targets.
- Maintaining an updated filing system for all M&E data and resultants reports, including for funding agreements/project reports
- Foster reflection and dialogue on the evaluation process and outcomes both within the Organization and with key stakeholders.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Social Sciences, Development Studies or relevant discipline plus an advanced certificate in M&E.
- Demonstrable and proven practical experience of at least Two (2) years of Post Graduate practice in implementing Monitoring and Evaluation activities in Public Health related organizations and institutions.
- Proof of applied skills and experience in designing, implementation, and operating M&E systems from project initiation to close out; experience in NGO sector is preferred advantage.
- Experience in handling M&E for multiple donor funds including US CDC,
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies and experience in analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Knowledge of vaccine preventable diseases, surveillance, and immunization programs, particularly in Nigeria, would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and skills in monitoring and evaluation methodology, including ability to develop/interpret a logic model and an evaluation plan.
- Ability to design monitoring and evaluation activities for public health programs or projects.
- Ability to organize and communicate with, staff from many organizations to work together, including organization of meetings and workshops.
- Skills in developing M&E indicators and data collection plans for research or applied evaluation projects.
- Experience in reporting on M&E findings through reports and PowerPoint presentations
- Excellent skills in conducting qualitative and quantitative data analysis using statistical and/or qualitative software packages.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, results oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication, including presentation skills.
- A team player.
Application Closing Date
16th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- You application should contain the following:
- Motivation letter, including discussion of understanding of assignment(s)
- Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their Application Letter
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.