Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mining Engineer
Job ID: IbesePlantMines12
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Job Type: Full time
Category: DCP – Operations
- We are looking for a junior mining engineer for our cement mining operations. For this job, you need to have a mining engineering degree and be familiar with the technical aspects of mining operations, equipment, and technology.
- You should be an excellent problem-solver and be able to manage crises when they arise. If you meet these requirements, we would like to meet you.
- Ensure the maintenance of breakdown machines is properly communicated through the Dy. Mining Engineer to the Maintenance team for necessary repairs to achieve the maximum target.
- Ensure achievement of Daily and Monthly targets in order to meet the annual targets of Limestone and Laterite material output (according to budget requirement).
- Communicate with clients to determine needs and explain complex issues
- Conduct research and studies on site
- Manage field activities and implement engineering designs
- Diagnose construction or machinery problems
- Resolve malfunctions or other crises when they arise
- Supervise the Shift in Crushing, loading, and hauling to achieve the set target
- Deploy required machines to required raw material face to load and haul same to the crushers.
- Ensure deployment of the adequate number of loading and haulage machines for the supply of required material to meet crusher production rate.
- Liaise with the quality assurance laboratory on an hourly basis to attain the required quality.
- Ensure that raw (vertical, roller, or ball) and cement mills are not shut down on account of want of limestone.
- Ensure the safety of men, Mobile, and static machines.
- Ensure a danger-free environment.
- Report machine fault to the person in charge of Heavy Mobile Plant and promptly.
- HND/B.Sc. (Mining Engineering) Minimum 3 Years Experience
- Good communication and leadership skill
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office
- A good Team Player
- Ability to work with little or no Supervision
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online