Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mining Engineer
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full-time
Services: DCP – Operations
- We are looking for Mining Engineer who will be responsible for Supervision of the activities of respective mines shift team to ensure mines operations are optimized and established targets are achieved.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise both personnel and equipment at different position as per instruction to achieve production target with consistent set chemistry target to ensure operational efficiency, data accuracy and reporting timeliness.
- Manage mines operations shift teams to ensure effective and efficient execution of mining activities.
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are strictly adhered to and that a safe work environment is maintained.
- Follow up with the driller to increase the drilling performance.
- Monitor the running equipment to avoid idle running of equipment and ensure smooth loading faces and haulage roads.
- Ensure proper cleaning of blasting faces and free of boulders.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Shift Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in any discipline.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
Skills & Competencies:
- Good knowledge of cement production process
- Very good knowledge of mining and processing operations.
- Ability to make sound operating and mechanical decisions.
- Very good leadership skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Good relationship management skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online