Mid-Level SQL Database Administrator at Kuda Bank: Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mid-Level SQL Database Administrator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- We are looking for a Mid Level Database Administrator (DBA) that will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7.
- The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
- Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in an appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required.
- BSc Degree in a Computer discipline or relevant certification
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end-user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third-party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem-solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
- Kuda is an African-born digital bank. We aim to bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa access great financial products and services.
- We’re challenging traditional banking and have ambitions to become the go-to bank for ‘every African on the planet’.
- We successfully raised funding to fuel our product growth and geographical expansion. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
- Our goal is to build a team of smart and kind individuals who work together to solve interesting and challenging problems, shaping the future of banking for all Africans.
- The Cape Town team shares offices in Claremont to enable connection and collaboration, but we currently follow a remote-first work policy and offer flexible working hours.
- We look forward to offering great perks and benefits in the near future, to create a rewarding environment that supports work-life balance.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply For Mid-Level SQL Database Administrator at Kuda Bank
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online