Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Microwave Sales Solution Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Department: MN Mobile Networks
- The position will be part of MN MEA RBC Central Presales team focusing on Microwave Solutions and its related services. It will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
- The Solution Manager has technical sales and relationship responsibilities towards the marketing, product development, and technical departments (might be up to CTO) in the customer organization.
- He/She plans and executes the solution marketing activities and has a clear technical customer strategy in mind.
- The Solution Manager has a good understanding of the market position of the customers and develops opportunities and technical strategies for Nokia to improve its position.
- The Solution Manager manages the product portfolio in the Customer Team in his/her own Business Unit product/solution competence area and has the responsibility to push the BU sales in the CT.
- The SM has to take the role of the Customer Solution Owner . More than one Solution Manager can be assigned to a CT at the same time, depending on portfolio coverage and size of business.
- Responsible for Order Intake, Revenues and Sales Margin for MW Equipment and Attached Services
- Representing the MW BU towards Cx and customers. Building strong and trusted relationships with customers.
- Providing technical consultancy to drive and influence customers’ strategy in alignment with Nokia roadmaps
- Product Marketing: Promote Nokia products, influencing customers thinking and requirements before RFPs Collect market information, roadmap requirements and competitor intelligence to MW Product Management
- Creating MW and Services Technical offers to customers in collaboration with SBMUs and CX Sales Support ensuring cost optimized offering through smart tendering including MW Products and attached services
- Review and add/customize/correct all technical deliverable for Offers submission
- Trigger Pre-C3 commitment requests
- Aligning the commercial strategy with the Head of Sales and Pricing Directors to ensure delivery of the most competitive offers to customers
- Identification of technical risks during presales phase and follow up capturing it in L2D
- Aligning Demand/Supply Planning for MW products and services, in collaboration with Supply Chain teams
- Feedback on portfolio demand and roadmap alignment to customers’ needs
- Optimize Tendering process, status reporting, lessons learned, and Best practices documentation.
- Establish strong Interfaces towards: MW&CSN BU , RBC Markets, CX, GSS , RBC Services Delivery, CMBD
Technical Domain Expertise:
- An Electronics & Communications Engineering graduate with good understanding of concepts of Radio and microwave transmission is required , Post graduation in the necessary field will be an added advantage.
- Pre-sales background with experience of handling RFPs/tenders/bids and preparing proposals is required.
- Deep understanding of transmission technologies especially microwave, longhaul, shorthaul, aggregation, E-Band, Mobile Backhaul and fronthaul and Microwave related services
- Proficiency in handling technical queries and discussing technical concepts related to Transport Technologies.
- Candidate should have around 5+ years of Experience on the Transmission side with a strong background of Microwave Networks and Microwave related services
- Experience of working on Microwave tools like Pathloss, Spider, OGCAT will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Nokia Microwave products will be an added advantage.
- Microwave Network Design understanding is a plus
- Fluency in English is mandatory. French is a plus
- Customer Business Understanding
- Relationship Management
- Consultative Selling
- Customer Business Case Creation
- Customer Pricing
- Sales Presentation
- Bid Management
- Broad or Profound Knowledge on Nokia Products &Technologies
- Personal Attributes: Credibility at the customer
- Proactive team player
- Performs with minimum supervision
What we Offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online