Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
Applications are invited for:
Title: PhD Fellowship Research Institute Program for Africa
Job Number: 1267712
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Employment Type: Internship
Role type: Individual Contributor
Travel: 0-25 %
- Microsoft provides a nurturing environment to support passionate researchers and engineers in AI technology innovation.
- We are seeking candidates excelling in deep thinking research aspects and fast-paced entrepreneurial execution.
- The ideal candidates should have strong ability to work with researchers and product team colleagues at Microsoft to push forward research agendas and being a team player in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- We are seeking candidates with stellar research skills and technical backgrounds. Applicants should demonstrate depth of knowledge in planning, conducting and publishing a research study.
- Work on a project related to one of MARI’s core areas – Sustainability, recommender systems, AI fairness.
- Microsoft PhD Fellowship winner.
- Currently pursuing a PhD Degree in Computer Science.
- Experience contributing to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers (being listed as author) at conferences such as CHI, CSCW
- Should be able to take initiative, but also follow a research plan and work well as part of a team.
- Excellent critical thinking and communication skills.
- Relevant work experience, including industry experience or as a Researcher in a lab.
- Publication Record
- Ability to design and execute on a research agenda.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.