Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MFI RM
Ref No: 2200011156
Job: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Permanent
- This is a specialised role that understands the microfinance market in-depth and has experience in the Microfinance sector as well as have key relationship management and credit skills given the current environment.
- This role will support the incremental growth and management of the African Microfinance portfolio and will also be directly responsible for implementation of special projects and specific strategic areas for the Global Microfinance agenda.
- Responsible as the primary coverage and origination point for a portfolio of Microfinance clients in Nigeria and broader African Region.
- Responsible for credit, operational support for the maintenance of existing relationships and the on boarding of new names as well as overall managing the portfolio allocated to them.
- Directly assist the Global Head of Microfinance in portfolio management, development, and growth of the MFI business both in Nigeria and in the African region.
- Support the Head of PSDO Nigeria & West Africa (ex Ghana) in the origination and client relationship management of PSDO clients in West Africa region.
- Accountable for existing and new incremental revenue, profitability, and risk acceptance (AML, CDD and Credit) of the clients they cover at a country level.
- Provide support to and be responsible for specific areas of the Global Microfinance strategy, e.g. monitoring metrics for portfolio as well as SF, diversification into new products like FM and TB, driving Sustainable Finance agenda, etc.
- Responsible for executing account plans of the clients they cover, establishing and maintaining an understanding of the client and their needs and work collaboratively with the GAM, RAM, and product partners to provide holistic and well-designed solutions that meet client needs.
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Microfinance sector either on the banking or the development.
- The role requires extensive travel regularly to remote villages as part of ongoing due diligence of clients.
- Actively identify client needs across a full range of relevant products, originate new business, and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (e.g. Network).
- The candidate should be a self-starter and have strong organisational / project management skills with ability to manage numerous conflicting deliverables in a timely and effective manner.
- Maximise the returns to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, and strengthening and deepening relationships at senior and operating levels in clients
- Ensure that product knowledge is continually developed and up to date e.g. credit, FX, cash, and trade.
- Stay abreast of and anticipate the developments in the industries or markets in which their clients operate
- Proactively manage the designated client portfolio and ensure the client portfolio is managed in compliance with the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute to policy formulation
- Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised through the governance framework and with Banking management.
- Adhere to relevant sales disciplines in accordance with CIB standards e.g. Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management, and static data management
- An in-depth understanding of Standard Chartered bank, its processes and systems and proven ability to get work done through various stakeholders is a must.
- Risks are appropriately identified, highlighted, and managed.
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational, and ethical matters, and provide proactive advice to clients on these issues
- Origination of new risk participation/ Guarantee structures and management of existing such structures.
- Close monitoring of key performance metrics of clients and industry, reporting for internal and external purposes and all the associated MIS from various systems.
- Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct and ensure adherence to the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant policies, processes, and regulations, both personally and (where relevant) among team members.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group and country operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for challenging colleagues effectively on regulatory and ethical or conduct issues and working effectively with regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
- Global Microfinance team
- Head of PSDO Nigeria & West Africa (ex Ghana)
- PSDO staff in other geographies
- Group Sustainable Finance team
- Group Sustainability team
- Engage with product partners within the country & region to ensure breadth and depth of client coverage and deepening.
- Engage with RMs on relevant client account management activities
- Consult with stakeholders in Risk, Legal, and Compliance to ensure that the portfolio remains credit worthy and within the policies of the bank.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2022 at 11:59:00 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online