Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims.
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mental Health Supervisor
Location: Abakaliki, Ebonyi
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Period: Indefinite
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the planning, organization and coordination of Mental Health activities, in close collaboration with the Project Medical Referent and other medical team members, in order to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of the resources needed while maintaining high levels of quality in Mental Health MSF programs and activities.
- Coordinates activities of counselling services with other relevant actors and liaises with the local counterparts (like MoH, WHO, and the Federal Teaching Hospital of Abakaliki – FETHA) on mental health matters, including referral services.
- Supervise the daily mental health activities and patient support activities according to MSF protocols and standards in order to provide the most appropriate psychological support for patients affected by Lassa Virus and their families.
- Supervise in close coordination with the Project Medical Referent and HR department: Recruitment, training, induction, evaluation of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Oversee the administrative processes associated with psychosocial activities.
- Compile the data and statistics linked with Mental Health activities and report to the Project Medical Referent; as well as the epidemiological team as required.
- Offer clinical counselling supervision to mental health counsellors.
- Ensure the patient’s related information is kept confidential and is both accurate and complete by conducting routine reviews of patient files.
- In collaboration with the Project Medical Referent, assist in planning and facilitating internal (within MSF) and external training/workshops.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Being available for conducting outreach/community activities within all Ebonyi State.
- Flexibility to respond (only to) emergency cases on weekends.
- Commit to co-manage patients in the multi-disciplinary treatment team with FETHA (for hospitalized patients) and the community (MoH Ebonyi State)
- Being available to actively participate and take responsibilities for any Operational Research regarding Mental Health that could be conducted in the project.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- University Degree in the fields of Psychology / Counselling or other Social Science (essential)
- Membership to a relevant professional body (desirable).
- Psycho-social counselling experience of at least 2 years (essential)
- Desirable working experience with MSF or other NGOs
- Previous supervision or management experience (desirable).
- Must be able to speak English and Igbo Languages.
Application Closing Date
7th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Cover Letter, Resume, Copies of relevant certificates and NYSC certificate / Exemption Letters) to: Msfocb-Ebonyifirstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Submit Hard copy at:
MSF Belgium Human Resources Office,
Plot D33, Libration Estate (After the Enugu / Abakaliki Express),
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen below:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status.
- Please note only shortlisted candidates will be notified and invited for an interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their applications.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.