ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organizations aimed at achieving a world wthout poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. ActionAid is One of the largest and most visible development organizations, we work in 47 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in Human Rights Based Approach (HRBA) lens and community-led approaches to development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and excluden and their organizations.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Member, General Assembly
Locations: Nationwide (North West, North East, North Central, South West, South East, South South)
- ActionAid Nigeria is registered as a company limited by guarantee with the Corporate Affairs Commission under the Companies and Allied Matters Act 1990. ActionAid Nigeria General Assembly was constituted in 2009. It is the governing authority and highest decision – making organ of ActionAd Nigeria. It delegates governance powers to the Governance Board.
- With the recent retirement of some General Assembly Members and in accordance with the requirements of our Governance manual, ActionAid Nigeria is seeking to recruit Members into its General Assembly.
- We seek experienced Professionals and Public servants with background in Governance, Finance, Human Resources and Organizational Development, Women’s rights, Communications, Labor Relations, Education Programming, Human Rights, Media, Humanitarian & Resilience, Climate Change and Agriculture, Resource Mobilization, to replace the retired General Assembly Members.
The Functions of the General Assembly are as follows:
- Uphold the values, vision and mission of ActionAid Nigeria.
- Approve ActionAid Nigeria’s overall strategy.
- Elect Conveners of the General Assembly.
- Elect members and support the Governance Board.
- Guide, supervise and approve reports presented by the Board.
- Make binding decisions in relation to any dispute with complaint against the Board.
- Dismiss the Governance Board.
- Appoint the external auditors of AAN whose remuneration shall however be determined by the Board to hold office until the next General Assembly.
- Discuss and approve the statutory audit report, annual report and the annual financial statements presented by the Governance Board.
- Use the powers designated to it responsibly and in the best interest of the organisation.
- Interested candidates applying must have strong values of accountability, good governance, and commitment to the cause of the poor and excluded, courage of conviction and taking sides with the less privileged to eradicate poverty.
- Experience in the governance body of a non-governmental organization is essential.
Membership of the General Assembly in ActionAid Nigeria is voluntary. Therefore, members of the General Assembly are not remunerated for the work they do for ActionAid Nigeria (they do not earn salaries, sitting allowances, etc). Only travel expenses are reimbursed for meetings held Once a year.
Application Closing Date
24th February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae to:
firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Women are specifically encouraged to apply.
- We seek candidates from the six Geo-political zones of Nigeria (North West, North East, North Central, South West, South East, South South).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.