Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multispecialty hospital. The core vision of the organisation is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Ltd currently has hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos and Niger with over one hundred (100) bed capacities without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialities and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theatres, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multispecialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Officer
Ref No. ML00002
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting primarily to the Head of Medicine Unit and secondarily to the Medical Director, the medical officer assist consultants in the day-to-day management of patients under the supervision of the CSM.
- The Medical Officer will also take an active role in overseeing the medical care of patients and the functions performed by medical staff.
- They may participate directly in care when services are being initially implemented. They may also help assess and diagnose needs and plans of action for individual and families.
- Ensuring that patient care and is optimal and is in adherence to the clinical guidelines and Cedarcrest Hospitals’ quality standards.
- Performing inpatient and outpatient review with initial assessment and management.
- Providing necessary documentation on health reports and discharge summaries of patients.
- Liaising with consultants regarding the provision of Inpatient and Outpatient assessment and care, including diagnoses and medication plans.
- Providing medical cover (routine and emergency), during hours of duty and work in conjunction with the other Medical Officers to ensure the provision of a 24 hour service to the hospital.
- Relating with patients’ relatives / caregivers on present state of health and further management.
- Making entries into the patients’ notes as appropriate, following ward rounds or any other patient examinations, communication or procedures.
- Undertaking within your level of experience and competence, certain medical procedures required by your senior colleagues.
- Administering intravenous medications / therapy as required.
- Providing urgent medical attention and urgent treatment to staff in case of accident or sudden illness, in liaison with other clinical staff on duty.
- Certification of deaths, completion of death certificates and all relevant documentation including, if appropriate, cremation forms and any documents required by the coroner.
- Undertaking emergency procedures as required (including resuscitation), taking the lead as necessary.
- Complying with all hospital policies and procedures, in particular those relating to Health and Safety at Work.
- Undertaking patient consultations and physical examinations
- Providing general pre- and post-operative care
- Monitoring and administering medication
- Assessing and planning treatment requirements
- Liaising daily with staff including other doctors, non-medical management staff and healthcare professionals
- Writing reports and maintaining records
- Any other duty as may be assigned to you.
- M.B.B.S or equivalent
- 2-5 years working experience as a Medical Officer.
- Certification – Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria; Certificate of Practicing License.
- Proficiency with the use of the computer.
- Candidates must possess NYSC discharge Certificate or Exemption letter.
- Being able to operate the sonography machine is an added advantage.
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent problem-solving and clinical decision-making skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Highly motivated team player willing to go the extra mile
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Job Code as the subject of the email.