Abuja Clinics is a world-class health facility dedicated to providing all your health needs, not only curative but also preventive. We boast cutting-edge equipment that aid in the diagnosis and treatment of medical and surgical conditions. We have highly trained and dedicated staff who provide excellent care. Our computerized systems ensure confidentiality and continuity. We aim to set a standard for medical care hence we continue updating and upgrading to ensure that you get the best.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Laboratory Scientist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Will be responsible for using laboratory equipment to study and analyze various samples and specimens, to search for abnormalities and determine their causes, while maintaining lab safety protocols and documenting findings in lab systems.
- Performing complex tests on patient samples using sophisticated laboratory equipment, executing standardized tests such as bacteriological, Immunological, hematological examination, and chemical pathology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To execute a range of standardized microscopic, chemical, and bacteriological tests including nucleic acid extraction from pathogenic cultures, RT-PCR, and qPCR analyses.
- Take part in collecting samples which includes collecting urine, blood, and other samples.
- Assessing the validity of a result that is obtained, preserving proper records of the results, and making a report of results.
- Make sure that the testing method used follows established quality control procedures and assists with the preparation of laboratory reports.
- Organizes and maintains reagents and equipment as well as maintenance on the equipment’s in the laboratory and keeps the laboratory in a clean and organized condition.
- Making use of the laboratory computer systems to place testing data, generate reports of testing results and search for test results for physicians.
- Planning, setting up, and undertaking controlled experiments and trials.
- Maintain and follow Good Laboratory Practices.
- B.MLS (Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Science)
- Must have completed NYSC with 2-3 years experience as a Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- Applicant must be a registered member of MLSCN with a current practicing license.
- Specialty in any one of the following will be an added advantage in Hematology, Immunology, Mycology, or Molecular genetics will be an added advantage.
- All those who adhered to the listed instruction will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts, both internal and external
- Good Team Player
- Experience in molecular laboratory testing
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Computer knowledge is mandatory
- Â Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2021.