Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Contract: Fixed Term Contract during Malaria Peak / 208 working hours per month with roster flexibility
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/children according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries’ health conditions.
- Clinical care of children referred and admitted to ITFC/IPD according to MSF medical protocols and standards by consultation in Emergency room and conducting daily clinical ward rounds in ITFC wards.
- Ensures that ITFC/IPD referral, admission, and discharge criteria are maintained according to the updated MSF medical protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Ensure proper and complete documentation of medical information in the relevant patients’ charts with respect to patient’s confidentiality.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment.
- Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Informing the line manager about any problem or complication of the patients’ illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Medical Doctor Diploma, desirable Diploma in Tropical Medicine and/or Paediatric.
- 2 year’s experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
- Desirable experience in tropical medicine and Paediatric care.
- Experience in inpatient management of malnutrition desirable
- Essential fluent in English / Hausa.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Clinical knowledge and skills
- Commitment to MSF principles
- Results and Quality Orientation
Application Closing Date
29th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.