Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Coordinator – Support
Location: Abuja, Coordination
Contract: Fixed-term contract and working hours according to Nigerian law
- We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Medical Coordinator Support for coordination in Abuja.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities (Non-exhaustive list)
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including administrative tasks related to the coordination of work, ensuring good relationships with local and national authorities and ensuring adequate program management in the projects, according to MSF protocols, (para)medical standards, rules of hygiene and the standard precautions in order to ensure the delivery of quality medi-cal care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health conditions of the targeted population.
- Assisting in the collection of information on national health policy (meetings, reports, articles, etc.), collecting and participating in the analysis of epidemiological data (meetings, reports, articles, etc.) from the projects
- Ensuring medical follow up of patients (treatment, improvement) in collaboration with the medical referent of the health structure and overseeing all medical expenses associated with the patient, in collaboration with the supervisors. Organize the administrative and medical information (reports, ongoing treatments), the discharge of patients and return to their homes
- Supporting and supervising the project teams and participating in the management of the medical team in the capital (recruitment, training, monitoring their work, vacation planning, assessments, etc.). Participating in briefings and debriefings of the (para) medical team members and promoting communication and active participation in the development of the project
- Responsible for implementation of National Staff health policy in collaboration with HR department including ensuring giving medical inputs at the time of recruitment. Education of the national staff on preventative measures and ensuring that they are following that in the mission.
- Participating in the management of the central pharmacy, advising and guiding the logistics team in the mission of drug stock management. Organizing the start-up, inventory and management of operational medical library according to the classification plan
- Participating in the data collection and management from the projects as well as preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and organizing · data archiving and medical reports in the project
- Performing other duties at the request of Medco (exceptional strengthening of a field team, involvement in evaluations, etc.)
- Medical Doctor Diploma or equivalent in a related allied health with Masters in Epidemiology or Public Health.
- Essential minimum of two years’ experience, previous experience with MSF is desirable, Training or experience in tropical medicine and / or public health, experience working in a developing country, Emergency experience.
- Flexibility, organizational skills, teamwork and cooperation, team management, stress management and commitment to humanitarian objectives and to MSF Principles.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet).
- Fluent in reading and writing English.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their updated CV, Qualifications, Diploma, valid Medical Practicing Licence any other important Document, and a Cover Letter with contact details by email to: email@example.com with the “Medical Coordinator Support” as the subject of the email.
Click Here to Fill Application Form
- Please note that Non-compliant or late applications will NOT BE CONSIDERED
- Only successful applicants will be called for a written test and interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.