SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Trainer / Assessor
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: On demand
Contract type: Freelance contract
Contract duration: Unlimited
SPIE Oil & Gas Services Nigeria is looking for Mechanical Trainer / Assessor to join her team of work force here in Nigeria.
- Deliver (Discipline) training to awarding body standards enabling a common high level of competence of apprentices, technicians, supervisors, specialists, and graduate engineers.
- Responsible for the implementation and compliance of the (Discipline) Engineering and maintenance team competence assurance system across the SPIE business in all assets.
- He ensures that all activities are carried out in strict accordance with the Company’s current safety rules and operating procedures and in accordance with standard industry practice.
- Deliver discipline training
- Assess candidates
- Assist in the update the competence assurance framework across all businesses for the maintenance population on site ensuring alignment to Site standard for competence assurance.
- Develop standards of training, assessment, and competence across discipline teams on site.
- Update training records for Project Managers to provide assurance of delivery
- Support line managers in the identification of training needs for maintenance staff using relevant team matrices or individual profiles
- Assess training needs of Maintenance Technicians to ensure skill base is aligned to Business Demands.
- Design and deliver training in local area/asset where skilled to do so
- Attend standardization meetings
- Follow assessment procedure strategy
- Provides evidence of remaining current in specific field of expertise
The holder of this post must have the following qualifications:
- Min; NVQ L3 or HNC, HND in a maintenance discipline
- Min: Qualified Assessor D33/32, A1 or L&D9 (or working towards)
- Qualified Verifier D34, V1 or L&D11 is a plus
- Training qualification is a plus
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the maintenance field on oil and gas production installations.
- 2 to 3 years as a Trainer / Assessor
- A basic knowledge of the process of oil and gas treatment, installations and a thorough knowledge of the equipment used in oil and gas treatment installations
- The ability to lead and motivate multi-national teams
- Pride in his work, ability to maintain good relations with colleagues and others
- Physical ability to go on offshore installations
Minimum level of experience required:
- 3 years or more
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
What can we offer you?
Progression to Assessors / Verifiers award.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online