Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter – Niger Mills
Location: Calabar, Cross River
- Carry out maintenance activities on elevators, conveyors, Roller Mills, plan sifters, combi cleaners and all other Flour Milling machines in line with schedules.
- Carry out preventive maintenance and repairs on Carousel and Rovema packing machines
- Handle and utilise special tools such as Roll change tools, Belt/chain tensioning and calibration tools etc.
- Involved in bag stitching machine routine maintenance and repairs
- Handle utilities maintenance such as blowers, compressors, water pumps etc.
- Engage in workshop fabrication, machining, and welding activities
- Actively participate in installation and commissioning of new machines
- Carry out machine Lubrication activities and other preventive maintenance task assigned
- Record keeping in line with company provision on maintenance reporting
- Support the predictive maintenance activities on site.
- Minimum Requirement – OND in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 O’ level Credits including English & Mathematics in not more than two sittings
- Added Advantage – Knowledge of Flour Milling machines and maintenance, Experience in utilities management.
- 2 years cognate experience with proficiency in Flour Milling machine maintenance.
The Person Must:
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to read schematic diagrams, blueprints, layouts or other specifications.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online