Saipem is a global leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction & Installation Businesses, with a strong inclination towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas. We excel in the provisioning of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services, with distinctive skills and capabilities in the design and execution of large-scale offshore and onshore projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (Static Equipment)
Job Type: Full-time
About the Job
- Perform technical tasks assigned by the Static Equipment Lead, related to design, verification or study activities of Reactors, Columns, Vessels, Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers, Storage Tanks, Air Coolers. Interface with other Equipment Engineers.
- Coordinate some technical activities performed inside or outside Saipem. Perform the follow up of supplies with the selected Vendor after the Purchase Order award.
- Perform the estimation of each item (weight/cost) as well as define the class of good of each item and the relevant level of inspection
- Participate in the preparation of Material Requisitions
- Perform the technical bid analysis under the responsibility of the Static Equipment Specialist Lead
- Review Client technical documentation and requirements and maintain project technical files
- Control subcontracted discipline engineering documents
- Overview tender or contract documents to identify the disciplinary project requirements, the available data/information, and the required scope of work
- Determine mechanical engineering requirements
- Set up and progress basic and detailed engineering activities
- Prepare detailed engineering documentation in compliance with the process requirements and technical specifications (equipment mechanical data sheets, etc.)
- Review Client project specifications and requirements
- Provide technical assistance to the project team
- Prepare the technical documentation for the equipment procurement
- Participate in the technical evaluation of bids
- Check the list of spare parts
- Participate in preparing mechanical books
- Ensure Static Equipment suppliers follow-up
- Ensure technical support during plant construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent
- A minimum of about 6 to 8 years of relevant experience in the energy industry.
- Good IT/ engineering software skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online