African Humanitarian Aid International (AHAI) is a not-for profit Humanitarian Organization operating in central, west Africa and Maryland (USA). The organization basically has experience across sectors ( health, Nutrition, Education, WASH…). since 2018 in Nigeria ( North East), the Organization has been reaching out crisis-affected boys, girls, women and men through implementation of education programming and gender-based violence.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 – 4 years
- Location: Borno
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
African Humanitarian Aid International (AHAI), is a not-for profit international Organization with A Head Quarter in Yaounde , Bastos-Cameroon. The Organization has a functional Office in Maryland (USA). In central Africa ( Cameroon, central African Repubic, Chad, DR congo) The organization providers multi-sectoral Humanitarian and development services( Health, Nutrition, food security, WASH) to refugees and internally displaced persons. Since 2019 in West Africa ( Nigeria), the organization delivers education and protection services to most vulnerable internally displaced persons of the North East Nigeria in the BAY states.
In view of her activities extension, AHAI Human Resources opens the position of Monitoring, evaluation and learning officer (MEAL officer) to Nigerians Nationals ( male and female) in Adamawa, with frequent movements in Borno and Yobe.
The successful applicant will execute the following tasks:
- The successful applicant will be responsible of monitoring and evaluation of all education activities as per monitoring work plan and time lines
- she/he will develop assessment tools to carry out learners and teachers needs(data)
- She/he will responsible of drafting AHAI monitoring and evaluation work plans
- she /he will be responsible of carrying out monthly monitoring visits at education program sites to track learners attendance
- he/she will be responsible of carrying joints supervisory visits in conjunction with the program team
- he/she will execute other duties as she will be assigned .
- The applicant should have strong capacities in data collection and management
- He/she should have strong mastery in developing data collection tools
- he/ she should have capacities in using data collection tools (kobo tools ect…)
- she/he should have a strong background in computer
- she/he should be ICT literate.
- He/she should have mastery of both humanitarian and development project cycle
- he/she should have knowledge in sequence of monitoring and evaluation in the program.
- he /she should know how to track learners attendance and teachers performance.
- she /he should be knowledgeable in monitoring of achievement of outputs according to work plan and time lines.
Qualification and experience.
- She/he should hold a minimum of Degree in statistic studies, computer sciences, ect … in an accredited learning institution.
- She/he should have 3 years of progressive experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation in the humanitarian Field within the North East Nigeria with a track record local and international Organization.
- he/she should have proven past experience in M&E in education programming in the North East Nigeria.
Language and skills.
- She/he should be fluent in oral and writing English
- she/he should have a good reporting skill in English
- he/ should be good in drafting monitoring and evaluation reports
- she/he should be skillful in reporting in data collection
- The applicant should be good in email communication
- he/she should be unquestionable in inter-personal (verbal) communication.
- she/he should be capable of developing alternative communication means in emergency setting( whasap groups, zoom meetings, miscrosoft ect..).
Method of Application
The qualified and experienced applicants should submit their CVs and cover letter and previous work attestation documents to the following email address :email@example.com
Nb. any inconsistency between the submitted documents and reference check will automatically lead to rejection of application.
African Humanitarian Aid International (AHAI) reserves the right to close this advertisement as any given time as applications will be screened as they are received.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.