Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Materials / Inventory Controller
- We are searching for a meticulous inventory controller to manage the spare parts inventory for our company.
- In this role, you will be required to coordinate purchase requisitions, expedite deliveries, perform regular inventory audits and analysis, and forecast the supply and demand requirements to ensure appropriate stock levels.
- Our ideal candidate is fundamentally a person of integrity, highly organized, has deep knowledge of equipment spare parts inventory management best practices, demonstrates safety leadership, a team player and keen on learning and continuous improvement.
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure availability of spare parts required, while preventing overstocking
- Drive compliance of existing inventory control policies and advise improvements
- Generate purchase requisitions and perform GRN
- Run inventory transactions reports and analyze inventory turnover trends to advise on stocking strategy
- Perform regular stock counts and investigate, reconcile, and report inaccurate data
- Collaborate closely with Procurement and Finance to expedite order fulfillment and payment
- Support other functions as required
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent, with 3 years of experience in managing spare parts for heavy-duty equipment maintenance
- Integrity and a strong work ethic
- Excellent organizing skills, with the capacity to handle highly sensitive and detailed tasks
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and procurement process
- Deep understanding of inventory management concepts such as ABC analysis, cycle counting, order point planning, SKU identifiers and inventory / location labelling
- Ability to identify and handle storage of different types of common engineering spare parts, tools, consumables, and dangerous goods
- Competent in performing basic linear measurements and preventive maintenance
- Proficiency in IFS Applications – Inventory Module, SAP Materials Management (SAP MM), or any other CMMS inventory management software
- Uphold the highest standards of occupational safety and health, and aware of safety hazards inherent in a heavy-duty equipment maintenance work environment
- Knowledge of Barcode inventory management system is desired
- Professional certification in Logistics & Supply Chain is desired
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online