Meta (Formerly Facebook Nigeria) – Founded in 2004, Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Over 2 billion people use Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, or Messenger every month to stay connected with friends and family, to discover what’s going on in the world, and to share and express what matters to them.
Facebook is defined by our unique culture – one that rewards impact. We encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. We work in small teams and move fast to develop new products, constantly iterating. The phrase “this journey is 1% finished” reminds us that we’ve only begun to fulfill our mission.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Market Specialist, Market Operations, Nigeria (Hausa)
Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Every day, people come to Facebook to connect with friends and family, discover what’s going on in the world, interact with businesses, find potential customers, and build community. Facebook’s Global Operations team exists to help them.
- Within Scaled Operations, Market Operations goal is to reduce bad experiences for people—including businesses and advertisers—who use Facebook.
- We analyze global, local, and language-based trends and nuances and collaborate with other Facebook teams to make changes that help people form stronger, more meaningful connections using our platforms.
- Our team is seeking a solutions-oriented, data-savvy Market Specialist who is passionate about providing a great support experience for our community of users.
- You will work with the Sub Saharan Africa market team to review content reported for potential abuse, resolve user account issues, improve the overall support experience for that market, as well as solve thematic global issues.
- You will be part of a data-driven analysis culture and will also help scale our operations by optimizing and automating processes, solving problems and, most importantly, helping to prevent them. This position is full time and is based in our Dublin, Ireland office.
- Use market specific knowledge, signals and insights to spot and scope scalable solutions to improve the support of our community of users in Nigeria
- Liaise closely with our vendors to ensure all operational KPIs meet and exceed targets and work collaboratively to improve processes and tools and scale solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve our processes and tools being the Subject Matter Expert
- Remain up to date on key workflow changes, operational guidelines, policy updates and our Community Standards
- Investigate and resolve issues that are reported on Facebook such as requests for account support and reports of potentially abusive content including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, and other objectionable material
- Analyse key metrics to improve our operational workflows
- Independently deliver solutions for key experience issues through effective problem solving and project management
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1+ years of professional experience within an operations or project management environment
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English and Hausa
- Demonstrable ongoing connection with the community in Nigeria and detailed knowledge of its culture and common practices
- Technical and data skills such as Excel and SQL or experience with visualisation tools such as Tableau to drive efficient analytics and reporting
- Fluency in Fulani, Igbo or Yoruba is a plus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online