Maurice Xandra Solutions Limited – Our client, a major player in the Oil and Gas Industry, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Group Managing Director
Direct Reports: Operations Team
External Relationships: Clients, Vendors and Government Agencies
- We are seeking to hire a Managing Director to develop strategic business direction to the Executive Management towards the achievement of the company’s objectives.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight to the management team to drive the Company’s business towards profitable and sustainable growth.
- Develop a structure for the company in line with the vision and mission as agreed and communicated by the Board of Directors.
- Develop and align the business 0bjectives of the Company with the Vision and strategies of the Group as well as ensure effective implementation of these strategies
- Communicate the Group’s vision and business strategy (short, medium and long terms) and ensure that the respective Business Unit operates in line with the Group’s governance policies, standards and values
- Oversee the effective implementation of the Company’s business strategies, growth plans and budgets in support of the Group’s long term business direction
- Initiate strategies and oversee compliance of company’s operations with acceptable Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) standards.
- Assess the principal risks of the company and ensure proper risk management strategies are in place
- Review periodic financial and non-financial reports to effectively monitor the activities of the Company in the achievement of their strategic goals and objectives
- Identify opportunities for new projects/contracts and businesses in line with the company’s strategic and business objectives
- Define and agree key targets as well as monitor and evaluate the performance of Strategic Business Heads, in accordance with defined targets, on a timely basis
- Meet set financial targets for the Business Unit to ensure business profitability and cost reduction
- Institute adequate operational systems and controls in place to ensure proper monitoring of the
- Business Unit performance against plans and budgets • Manage strategic relationships with banks, regulators, press etc.
- Drive compliance with regulators in the industry to avoid any infraction
- Report regularly to the Group Managing Director (GMD) and Board of Directors on Business Units’ performance target achievements (i.e. financial results, market performance, organizational development plans and overall business performance)
- Empower and develop the capabilities of functional heads towards meeting their own business goals
- Institute a high-performance culture in compliance with approved financial, business and risk management objectives as well as applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Direct and monitor members of the Business Unit leadership team to effectively deliver on respective functional programmes, set targets and overall performance
- Facilitate resolution of high priority issues between departments/Business Units; and act as an ambassador and spokesman in matters involving external stakeholders
- Develop staff of the Business Unit to enhance skills, capability and ensure a robust pipeline of possible successors
- Mentor, coach, supervise and evaluate subordinates
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the related discipline
- Relevant professional certification
- 15 years of experience relevant to our business.
Skills and Competence Requirements:
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Results Oriented
- Administrative management
Application Closing Date
24th October, 2021.
Method of Application
interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.