eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings and uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Warehouse
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Employment Type: Full-Time – Fixed Term
Purpose of the Position
- The Warehouse manager oversees inventory and coordinates shipping procedures along with ensuring that all company products are moved from the storage area to the required destination in a safe and timely manner.
- He is also responsible for handling accounting and record-keeping activities, as well as managing the inventory system, and keeps abreast of the costs that are involved in making purchases. Generally keeps, secure,s and distribute assets of eHA as requested.
What You’ll Do
To perform this role successfully, the Warehouse Manager will perform the following responsibilities which may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates the tracking and movement of goods and supplies. Keep accurate waybill records.
- Manage stock using the internal warehouse and stock management procedures.
- Performs a variety of tasks related to the Asset Management function. Logs all new assets in the asset register and ensures the appropriate coding and labeling of assets. Updates asset registers regularly with changes and new acquisitions.
- Ensure that the electronic database/asset, inventory tracking database, and all relevant documentation are updated on a monthly basis and provide signed hard copies for the physical files.
- Perform various warehousing tasks and operations using dedicated software applications and databases.
- Provide weekly warehouse reports, Asset database, and inventory tracking reports to the Project Manager.
- Accomplishes warehouse human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; timekeeping, recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets warehouse operational standards by contributing warehouse information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying warehouse system improvements.
- Meets warehouse financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Moves inventory by scheduling materials to be moved to and from the warehouse; coordinating inventory transfers with related departments.
- Delivers supplies and equipment to departments by receiving and transferring items.
- Maintains storage area by organizing floor space; adhering to storage design principles; recommending improvements.
- Maintains inventory by conducting monthly physical counts; reconciling variances; inputting data.
- Accomplishes warehouse and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Must always adhere to policies and procedures.
- Will adhere to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Working with partner organizations in meeting their item storage and withdrawal needs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Warehousing, Logistics, Procurement or any other related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively related experience, with at least 2 years supporting fair and open procurements including conducting cost/price analyses, preferred vendor negotiations, and working within US government regulations.
- Experience working with US government-funded acquisition and assistance instruments preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an NGO setting at a supervisory level.
- Exhibit professionalism in the workplace at all times.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Follow through on commitments.
- Excellent communication skills are required including written, verbal and interpersonal.
- You must have a great understanding regarding health and safety for self and others.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for you to successfully perform this job.
- Exhibit professionalism in the workplace at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills, and great attention to detail.
- Treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through.
- Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost-conscious, thinking of better ways to do things.
- Being helpful, respectful, and approachable and team-oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Disciplined with outstanding organizational skills.
- Exhibits a great amount of flexibility in delivering your duties.
- Ability to work in distant locations under minimal supervision.
- Exhibit a high sense of security consciousness and alertness at all times and work effectively with security forces to ensure the safety of lives and properties.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
eHA Gender Diversity Statement
- At eHealth Africa, diversity is integral to who we are. We value and honor diverse backgrounds and experiences and strive to create inclusive and equitable working environments that promote continued learning, fairness and growth opportunities for all.
- We believe strongly in our mission and values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
Impact & Quality:
- We push ourselves to maintain high standards ensuring that we produce the most meaningful results in everything we do, no matter how big or small..
Innovative Problem Solving:
- We maintain a worldview driven by possibilities, not limitations. We take smart risks and foster an environment where creativity and innovation thrive.
- We are honest and truthful in our work. We always do what is right, even when it is not easy. We put our values into practice and hold each other accountable.