MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Technology Compliance and Analytics, Risk and Compliance
Job Identification Number: 1194
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 3
Reports To: Senior Manager Compliance and Ethics Management
Division: Risk & Compliance
- Support the development and implementation of IT compliance analytics solutions and standards and review the adequacy and effectiveness of implemented IT controls.
- Assess the adequacy and effectiveness of existing technology policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as an effective second line of defense through the execution of technology compliance analytics and modeling.
- Build relevant tools to perform technology compliance analytics to provide insights for decision making and corrective action.
- Perform regular monitoring of relevant IT control systems and recommend improvements
- Review MTNN’s data privacy and protection policies and procedures to ensure compliance with NDPR, GDPR and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Support MTNN’s Data Protection Compliance Organizations during the statutory audit of the company’s privacy and data protection practices
- Ensure compliance with NITDA regulation on the timely submission of data protection audit reports
- Implement appropriate strategies for monitoring MTNN’s technology assets to ensure adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements, policies, and Data privacy regulations.
- Undertake investigations on cases of non-compliance with applicable laws, regulations and standards, and seek ways to resolve issues that arise due to non-compliance
- Report on results of monitoring and testing activities to the Senior Manager, Compliance and assist with other reporting as required
- Assess the effectiveness of MTN’s compliance monitoring and testing programs and provide recommendations on improvements.
- Serve as advisor to IT and other business units on relevant IT compliance strategies and consult on compliance issues regarding user built/ managed systems
- Keep abreast of existing and emerging technology-related regulations and processes and discuss emerging compliance issues with management
- Review the impact of IT projects/initiatives to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- First Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or other related fields
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification or similar qualification would be an added advantage
- Certification in data analytics and Big data would be an added advantage.
- 6 – 13 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 5 years’ of combined IT experience with a broad range of exposure to IT Governance, IT audit, compliance and systems analysis
- Proficiency in data analytics
- Experience reviewing the design of IT solutions
- Experience in scripting and performing in-depth data analysis
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Understanding of the Nigerian telecommunications industry and regulatory framework
- Knowledge and experience of leading compliance and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practices.
Application Closing Date
11:59 PM: 3rd March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online