Mastercard – We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Technical Architect
Job ID: R-144813
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Reports to Customer Solutions Center Lead (CSCL)
- The Customer Solutions Center is a new structure which enables Mastercard to develop better solutions & bundles for prioritized customer segments in markets.
- It is the housing for all Mastercard capabilities in a geography, and it aims to drive Mastercard growth and revenue by creating and selling compelling data-driven, scalable needs-based solutions to new and existing customers by tapping into Mastercard’s extensive toolbox of products and services offerings.
- Customer Solution Center Technical Architect is provider of deep expertise on solution architecture to ensure feasibility of bespoke implementation. Working together with solution architect and solution specialists, Technical Architect understands details of proposed bundles & solutions to manage technical implications and to assess how they can be implemented with clients.
Act as a technology expert for their geography or segment portfolio:
- Understand clients’ needs and current technological stack.
- Closely coordinate with solution specialists to understand product functional capabilities and technical integration requirements.
- Works with solution architect and solution specialists to recommend new needs-based solutions & bundles to customers to address key customer “pain points.”
- Provide internal intel to the CSCL/Solution Architect on what is ready and roadmap timelines from a technology perspective
Support CSC value proposition development and sale:
- Defines a locally relevant and globally scalable solution design based on existing Mastercard and partner 3rd party assets.
- Provides techno-functional support in pre-sales narrative development and client conversations.
- Leads pre-scoping, pre-sales technical discovery and mapping to client environment.
- Map technical specifications of the proposed solution to the client architecture.
- Bring technology related budget discussions, in collaboration with Finance, to SA and squad team for problem solving.
- Identifies, readies and manages the local system integrators required to roll-out the new solutions/products in the market.
- Collaborate with the appropriate client teams to develop integration methodology of the new solution in the client environment.
- Closely coordinate with Market Delivery/TAMs or O&T Technical Consultants to ensure that post-sales handover is smooth.
- Manage handover to the implementation teams of MA and clients to ensure that the right technical integration roadmap has been laid out.
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions related to proposed value propositions.
Knowledge, insights and best practice sharing:
- Shares best practices with Technical Architect community.
- Provides input to the product/solution groups and technology leads to enhance their product/solution and platforms to meet the needs of customer sin the market
All About You
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education.
- Operational /technical background within the payments and financial services industries.
- Prior Implementation, product management experience in payments domain platforms like Issuer processing, acquirer processing products is an advantage.
- Prior technical/integration experience with payment ecosystem players (Merchants, PSP, Loyalty Platforms, Gateway’s, Acquirers & Commerce Providers).
- Experience in product development and/or business analysis.
- Knowledge of techniques for requirements capture and specification and the ability to balance tactical commercial needs against the needs of strategic Product & architecture.
- Understanding of APIs or working in new product development/innovation departments.
- Prior knowledge of Mastercard Products and Services is a plus.
- Problem solving, product documentation, and project management skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Corporate Security Responsibility:
- Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
- Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
- Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact: email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.