Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager / Senior Manager – Financial Risk Management
Employment Type: Full-time
About Risk Advisory
- Deloitte’s Risk Advisory helps clients focus on areas of increased risk, address the entire spectrum of emerging risks, including disruption due to innovation, cyber, geopolitical, and other trends; and pursue intelligent risk-taking as a means to value creation. Our major service offerings include:
- Financial Industry Risk and Regulatory
- Regulatory and Legal Support
- Accounting and Internal Controls
- Cyber & Strategy Risk
- Deloitte offers its clients a broad range of financial risk services. The value that Risk Advisory creates for organizations is synonymous with operational excellence.
- We maximize the performance of internal business operations by identifying, predicting, resolving and mitigating imminent threats and obstacles as well as enhancing the value of these operations.
- We are seeking suitably qualified high performing professionals to join our Risk Advisory as a Financial Risk Management Manager/Senior Manager.
The successful candidate will perform the following roles as part of our Risk Advisory team:
- Lead the delivery of Financial Risk Management services for the Risk Advisory Practice at Deloitte West Africa (Nigeria and Ghana), drive the strategic advocacy agenda of the group, and projects of the Risk Advisory department as may be assigned.
- Responsible for developing and implementing go to market strategy for the Financial Risk Practice. This involves opportunities identification, design, and pursuit.
- Conduct assessment, design and development of quantitative and qualitative methodologies, policies, and procedures for risks such as operational, credit, market, and liquidity in accordance with regulatory requirements, international standards (e.g. Basel Framework, IFRS) and other best practices.
- Contribute to financial risk solutions development and advancement of existing client tools and solutions.
- Lead business development initiatives and sales opportunities, including the creation of external-facing industry perspectives, lead generation materials, or sales proposals.
- Manage and build the capacity within the Financial Industry Risk and Regulatory team according to business requirement.
- Keep up to date with regulatory requirements and industry trends.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of a second class upper in numerical/analytical field (Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or any other relevant discipline.
- A Master’s Degree in a quantitative field is desirable.
- Have a minimum of credit in five WASSCE / GCE / NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only.
- Professional qualification e.g. Financial Risk Manager (FRM), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or other risk management designation from a recognized professional body is an added advantage.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience working in the financial services or consulting industry.
- Hands on experience in enterprise risk management, risk governance, treasury risk management, asset-liability management (ALM) activities and methodologies, capital modelling and stress testing.
- Strong working knowledge of programming languages such as VBA, R-Studio, Python, and other data analytics tools would be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of financial services regulatory requirements and guidelines (e.g. CBN/BoG requirements, Basel, IFRS etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing, client presentations, and project management.
- Applicant will be mainly based in Nigeria and will serve the Ghana Office when required.
What Impact Will You Make:
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance.
- As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day.
- From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
- From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.