Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager, Purchasing / Procurement
Requisition ID: GbokoPurchasing002
Location: Gboko, Benue
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting to: Plant Director
- We are seeking an experienced purchasing manager to handle our company’s procurement activities.
- The purchasing manager’s responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs, and overseeing the purchasing team in their daily activities.
- To be successful as a purchasing manager you should be able to manage and optimize purchasing activities and processes. An outstanding purchasing manager should have excellent leadership abilities and be able to negotiate the best possible deals with suppliers.
- Developing and implementing purchasing strategies.
- Managing daily purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks.
- Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
- Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
- Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
- Managing the maintenance of office/manufacturing equipment and machinery.
- Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
- Preparing cost estimates and managing budgets.
- Working to improve purchasing systems and processes.
- Training new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system.
- Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Experience as a purchasing manager or in a similar position. Not less than 18 years.
- Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Proficient in MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Having a materials management/engineering knowledge background is an added advantage.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriately professional image.
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgement, and strong operational focus.
- Experience with SAP will be an added advantage
- Experience in working with the manufacturing /Cement industry.
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online