Sparkle Nigeria is a bank and then more, licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), we are what most people would refer to as a digital bank. We offer financial, lifestyle and business support services to Nigerians across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Operational Risk and Information Technology
Category: Strategy & Operations
- The Manager, Operational Risk Management and Information Technology is responsible for maintaining and supporting Sparkle’s enterprise-wide operational risk management framework to minimize risks of cyber and information security threats to Sparkle’s business processes, critical systems or data.
- This will be made possible through various IT Corporate Policies and Management Guidelines in order to protect the organisation’s security and business operations.
- Reporting to the Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee, with functional reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, direction and setting priorities for Sparkle’s Risk function.
- This role will act as the first line of defense for our cyber and IT management and control practices and standards.
Roles & Responsibilities
Strategic Planning & Execution:
- Leveraging Sparkle’s organization wide strategic, operational, financial and compliance targets and related risk profiles to effectively set the strategic direction and priorities of the Risk function.
- Oversee Sparkle’s information technology, cyber security and business continuity risk management framework, including the risk monitoring, identification, assessment, mitigation, reporting and training
- Monitor, evaluate and report IT emerging risks and uncertainties which could have a material impact on the successful achievement of Sparkle’s strategic objectives and implementation of strategic priorities.
- Conduct analysis on identified cyber incidents and vulnerabilities that may impact Sparkle’s operations, and ensuring incidents are adequately addressed, providing guidance and independent oversight.
Governance, Risk & Control Frameworks:
- Evaluate Management’s risk-taking posture and awareness of the risks associated with their area
- Challenge processes and procedures to reflect governance best practice
- Perform risk assessments to conduct the appropriate type of engagement (assurance vs advisory) based on the risk assessment and business need
- Communicate the results of risk work to specified standards, and use frequent communication and to ensure timely validation and remediation by Management.
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, and / or Economics is required
- Professional Certification in internal or external audit
- 3-5 years experience in an operational risk and/or information technology risk oversight role in a financial institution
- A hands-on, operationally oriented and value-added approach to audit operations.
- Capable of developing excellent business relationships in all areas of the organization.
- Expert in applying internal audit standards, procedures and techniques in accordance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with Information Technology general controls and IT security leading practices.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with governance of information management systems.
- Previous experience with PCIDSS, ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 22301:2019.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online