9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Mechanical & Electrical Planning
- Supervise planning activities and facilitate the deployment of all mechanical and electrical systems at all MSC, BSC, BTS/transmission sites and all satellite earth stations, including the support and space planning.
- Plan and ensure implementation of established internal processes using best practice standards to ensure a stable and highly available systems platform for an optimal operating environment.
- Provide planning procedures to aid end to end Mechanical, power and space planning across the network.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the optimal and efficient power technology.
- Continuously review the unit/ team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel and funding to achieve the unit/ function’s strategy.
- Establish and maintain relationship with key internal and external stakeholder.
- Co-ordinate complex site surveys to develop installation design plans, including preparation of power system device evaluation, protective device co-ordination and arc flash studies
- Supervise update of technical documentation and drawings pertaining to site upgrades.
- Supervise preparation of drawings on specific types of equipment and materials to be used in construction and equipment installation.
- Co-ordinate regular audit of M & E installations for BTS, BSC MGW and data centres.
- Produce and monitor a proactive planning and implementation cycle on all power and cooling systems (generators, amplifiers, air conditioners, stabilizers, station batteries, rectifiers etc.) at EMTS BTS/Transmission sites.
- Coordinate power systems and space Design/planning procedures, of all power, lighting, and cooling systems at EMTSMSC, BSC, BTS/Transmission sites.
- Ensure the optimal performance of all cooling and power systems on installations in all regions.
- Space management at all Data Centre and MGW locations.
- Coordinate OEM/vendors to ensure proper design and selection of all power sources and equipment at MSC, BSCBTS/Transmission sites:
- A.C. power sources (PHCN, Generators, and alternative power sources e.g. Solar Power, Micro Turbines, LPG Generators)
- D.C. power sources (Rectifiers, DC/DC converters and batteries)
- Earthing systems, surge suppression and lightning protection systems
- UPS systems
- Air conditioning systems
- Diesel tanks, water separators and fuel supply lines.
- Manage relationships with both local and international power system providers.
- Manage vendor performance and ensure agreed SLAs are achieved.
- Conduct continuous search for alternative, cost effective sources of power, e.g. gas-powered turbines, solar panels etc.
- Ensure spare power capacity is available for planned works and future installations on the network.
- Execute work programs and plans in line with agreed upon procedures and guidelines.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimise performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Head, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Technical Officer
- First Degree or equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Postgraduate degree/relevant professional qualification
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years relevant work experience with at least one year in a managerial position.
- Telecommunications & Mobile Network Standards & Specifications
- High Voltage Systems Engineering
- Technology Management
- Data Centre Management
- Delegation/ Supervisory
- Problem Solving
- Professionalism/ Integrity
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online