Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – IP Planning and Operations
Location: Lagos, Nigeria Hybrid
Job type: Full-time
- This role supports the Enterprise business unit to do IP planning and provide customized technical solutions to enterprise business customers.
- This person will be interacting with the enterprise business team and customers very extensively.
- Flexible and economical design with the timely support of IP-related operational issues is the essence of this role.
- Produces designs and implementation plans to test and activate new links for enterprise customers. This includes design for IP Access, BGP transit, and MPLS VPNs on layer 2 and 3 and APN services.
- Provides Technical validation of new customers’ IP-related order requests.
- Configures switches, routers and ensures solutions are fully documented as part of day-to-day business operation.
- Specifies design parameters and Prepares BoQ preparations for new IP solutions.
- Liaises with service providers to validate the design and ensures they are fit for purpose.
- Supports the sales teams in responding to new tenders and bids on IP-specific designs.
- Ensures effective solution delivery using effective project management techniques.
- Performs service migration activities of IP customers on request.
- Liaises with Enterprise Support service desks in fault isolation and performance-related issues. Performs capacity management routines to ensure links are fully optimized and right-sized.
- Network management and IP service monitoring.
- Pro-active escalation, follow-through liaison with appropriate departments to resolve technical issues which may impact delivery timescales or quality.
- Creation of contingency plans to minimize service issues.
- Support in Managing & interacting with chosen Intentional ISPs & carriers
- Interacting with partners and Vendors concerning IP-related issues – Ericsson, Huawei, Aviat, Cisco, etc.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in ISP and Carrier networks domain with at least 2 years’ experience in an area of IP & Internet network – Planning.
- At least three years’ experience of IP services on Cisco or Juniper equipment.
- Good operations support skills and self starter.
- Sound knowledge of Carrier & Enterprise Network – Planning & Operations.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent IP. MPLS and routing knowledge in an ISP environment.
- Excellent Cisco hardware and IOS knowledge.
- General knowledge of telecom industry and standards.
- Excellent English language skills a must, other languages an advantage.
- Logical decision making abilities.
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business.
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on SLAs.
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners.
- Self-motivated with good organizational and communication skills.
- Calm and productive under pressure.
- Detail-oriented and organized approach to work.
- Efficient and productive with good time management skills.
- Proven ability to meet internal and external deadlines.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online