Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager, Infrastructure Fund – SIAML
Job ID: 55968
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Investment Management
- To coordinate the analysis and execution of investments into projects/ transactions on behalf of investors in the fund.
- The job entails undertaking detailed investment/project analysis for projects across core sectors of the Infrastructure Fund. The investment analysis entails developing a deep understanding of the project sector, financial modelling analysis, term sheet drafting and negotiations; writing of detailed and easily understandable investment credit applications for investment approvals.
- It also entails interacting with client and investors alike to originate and execute transactions as well as all capital raising workstreams with investors. It entails ensuring that investments are made in accordance with mandate of the Infrastructure Fund.
- The candidate will act as Deal or Transaction Captain supervising a team of Associates and/or a
- Analysts on delivering solutions to clients and ensuring the investments meets the Funds minimum threshold.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
Transaction Execution Management:
- Writing investment application documents jointly with team members. Coordinating the preparation and submission of all requisite approval documents such as Deal Screening Committee and Investment Committee Approvals;
- Responsible for articulating the key merits of a transaction/project to the relevant committee based on the transaction documents developed and submitted
- Developing and manipulation of excel spreadsheets and other comprehensive financial models for transactions;
- Reviewing, summarizing and identification of gaps from client feasibility studies and other project reports submitted to the Fund Management Team;
- Drafting of term sheet and taking a lead in the legal documentation workstream on transaction of the Infrastructure Fund. This includes, coordinating the scope of work of legal counsel and ensuring that efficient and simple documentation results from investment deliberations.
- Undertaking financial analysis of company / projects and project financial statements and preparing brief internal reports (as applicable) based on findings;
- Conducting project risk due diligence and risk analysis
- Assist in developing, training and guiding new entrants within the Infrastructure Fund unit
- Development of Transaction timetable and investor fundraise timetable to ensure that timeline between fund raise and fund deployment is minimized
- Prepare transaction summaries identifying key follow-up and monitoring steps after transaction closing for the benefit of stakeholders
- Keeping the Transaction Management Unit fully up to date on transactions prior to hand-over at financial close;
- Working alongside the Transaction Management Unit in attending to waiver and other requests;
Excellent Relationship Management:
- Providing support on client interaction as well as investor interactions as applicable in the relevant deal origination and/or fundraising context
- Develop relationship with colleagues in other units of the group to ensure their insight, skills and knowledge can be leveraged in the delivery of solutions to clients and investors
- Responding in a timely manner to market leads received from prospective clients, existing clients, regulators and colleagues from other divisions of the group;
- Preparing presentation materials and presenting deal structures to clients, investors and regulators alike
- Making scheduled relationship building trips to the relevant regulators
- Develop ideal debt structuring capabilities that are fit for purpose for transactions under review
- Undertaking “market-scan” to identify target customers both locally and within the region to establish basis for potential business;
- Keep abreast of developments in the local, regional and international infrastructure finance market
- Develop and keep a profile of potential project parties for transaction assessments i.e. sponsor lists, consultant lists etc.;
- Develop and review consultants RFP such as Market viability assessment, Demand analysis assessment, market studies etc.
- Ensure all Fund compliance matters are adequately addressed including transaction execution matters (KYC, Environmental assessments etc.) regulatory matters, fund mandate etc.);
- Ensure that the policies and procedures of the Fund Manager are being followed;
- Identify, pursue and execute agreed business in a professional manner and within the framework as set out by the Fund;
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Advance Degree in any discipline with specific finance/investment management experience
- B.Sc in any Engineering Finance, Accounting or Banking discipline
- Investment Banking; 7 – 10 Years Deal Execution experience; Fund raise experience; financial/investment analysis and legal document negotiations
- Wealth Management; 7 – 10 Years Fund raise experience, investment management and regulatory interaction experience
- Risk Management; 5 – 7 Years financial statement analysis, investment risk analysis including legal, company/project risk, market/competitive/regulatory, macro and micro risk, political risk analysis etc
- Marketing & Communications; 3 – 4 Years Marketing experience, origination/sales experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online