9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Infrastructure Architect
Employment Status: Permanent
- Lead the design and develop IT infrastructure architecture solutions to solve business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture direction and standards.
- Work within specific guidelines and procedures and apply advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems.
- Lead the development of Infrastructure strategies, standards, baselines and roadmaps for applicable technology areas. Leverage vendors and partners as appropriate to ensure solutions are up-to-date and are following industry best practices.
- Develop end to end Infrastructure technology plans based on the IT strategy;
- Guide Infrastructure technology decisions, ensuring alignment with business objectives and established Infrastructure principles & standards.
- Ensure alignment of capacity plans for IT infrastructure with those of other demand management / planning functions across all technology functions within the organization.
- Provide advanced-level architecture for other projects, solutions, or procurements. Design, implement, and document Infrastructure systems related services, like Compute, Storage, Backup, Network, Security, Database, Archiving and Cloud Platform.
- Provide enterprise architecture research and analysis on new technologies that have a potential impact and/or provide improvements to service delivery.
- Provide enterprise architecture guidance for design, implementation, maintenance, operation, monitor, and report for Compute, Storage, Backup, Network, Security, Database, Archiving and Cloud Platform
- Carry out other duties as instructed by Head of IT Architecture & Planning
- Degree level education with a solid all-round knowledge of IT and its use within a business environment with minimum of 6 year experience in state of the art infrastructure services and components
- Excellent knowledge in Compute, Virtualization, Private Cloud, Public Cloud and understanding of core operating system constructs such as memory, processor and I/O – disk and network)
- Expert in Information Lifecycle Management (Backup & Archiving)
- Proven professional experience and understanding of Storage, Network, Database, Security and Software Defined Technologies
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a supportive environment, this will include dealing with escalations from the business, providing feedback and dealing with several projects and problems simultaneously in an effective manner.
- The position holder must be capable of working on their own initiative within the procedures and guidelines laid down.
- The ability to communicate with all levels of staff, management and up to senior management level.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Resilient, confident and tenacious.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Prepared to work extended hours and travel to other sites/regions as required
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online