Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries.
Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager – Data Analysis, Knowledge Management, and Research
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Team Leader and Output 4 Lead
Programme: PLANE (Partnership for Learning for All in Nigeria)
Duration: 7 years
- The Data Analysis, KM and Research Manager will work across all outputs to develop records management processes, policies and identify areas to increase efficiency across the PLANE program KPIs.
- He/She will work closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation team to help define and set indicators, and lead on data collection and analysis.
- They will also create joint activities with the knowledge management team and the company partners through workshops, meetings, trainings, etc; strengthens connection to aid information exchange within systems across the programme.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead the set up and maintenance of automated data processes
- Identify, evaluate and implement external services and tools to support data validation and cleansing
- Produce and track key performance indicators
- Develop and support reporting processes
- Monitor and audit data quality
- Leading on high quality data collection, collation and analysis;
- Monitor on an ongoing basis programme performance and results; providing regular updates to programme senior management including information on areas where the programme is underperforming;
- Develop activities like workshop to ensure cross learning and strengthen results across all programme teams
- Research and identify new technology that can be used to enhance positive outcomes for the programme
- Build the capacity of MEL and Programme staff and partners to ensure high quality data on programme
- progress for external and internal reporting and learning;
- Contribute to quarterly reporting on the progress and performance of the programme;
- Ensuring knowledge generated is shared and lessons learnt institutionalised, in conjunction with the programme’s Communications Team;
- Improves and modifies the knowledge management structure of the company.
- Contribute to engagement with stakeholders, DFID and FCO, as appropriate.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in planning, designing and implementing data analysis and knowledge management systems and strategies, preferably within the education sector.
- Extensive experience with qualitative and quantitative methods, including design, analysis and interpretation of results, applied to development programmes
- Experience in developing practical guidance and tools for effective programme monitoring and reporting
- Previous experience designing and implementing knowledge management systems to identify, analyse, document and disseminate lessons learned
- Experience of managing and implementing results driven strategies for FCDO-funded programmes, particularly providing consulting services to public and private sector clients, including providing technical assistance, institutional and capacity building support
- Previous experience of conducting and commissioning research
- Strong facilitation and stakeholder engagement skills.
Application Closing Date
12th October, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.