Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Management / Financial Accountant
Reference No: Finance-Obajana-006
Location: Obajana, Kogi
Employment Type: Full Time
- Manage and coordinate budgeting and management reporting procedures at the plant and ensure availability of up-to-date and accurate information on budgeted and actual financial activities, to support informed decision-making by management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Circulate the annual business planning guidelines/ assumptions and provide guidance to budget holders during the planning process the plant.
- Oversee collation of budget inputs across the plant and prepare consolidated annual budget for the plant.
- Monitor approved budget allocations by obtaining information on revenue and expenditure, and reporting variances on a monthly basis.
- Drive periodic budget forecasting and recommend budget review as required.
- Develop periodic and other ad hoc budget reports, forecasts and analysis.
- Generate monthly business performance statements, noting major deviations from planned budget and risk areas and prepare variance analysis for Head, Plant Finance.
- Manage journal entries on SAP (or other system) and check with relevant documents (e.g. GRN/ SRN, invoices, etc.) to ensure uniformity of details and accuracy of postings/ reconciliations for month-end or periodic management reporting.
- Approve vouchers and journals for posting and manage reconciliation to various ledgers.
- Allocate costs for central or joint expenditure to relevant cost centres in line with DCP’s cost allocation policies.
- Proffer relevant recommendations to the Head, Plant Finance on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions at the plant.
- Provide Plant Management with complete, valid, accurate and timely reports for effective decision making.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Plant Finance.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related discipline.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA).
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Proven experience in planning, budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Very sound business acumen – financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good leadership and people management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge/ experience in the use of financial systems including SAP.
- Good understanding of micro and macroeconomic indices and their impact on the cement business.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of IFRS, finance best practices and other applicable reporting and accounting standards.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online