Jolly Energy Fleet Limited – Established in 2009 as an engineering and trading firm, Jolly Energy Fleet’s sole aim is in ensuring our esteem clients get their desired output, with respect to our range of specialty in providing International Oil Company (IOCs) and National Oil Company (NOCs) support services like personnel onboarding, facility management, building construction, fabrication, camp installation, logistics, marine services, civil security, as well as procurement, and commissioning of specialized projects. Over time, our organization continue to remain resilient, nevertheless, we have included in our range of services, sales, distribution, and supply of petroleum products e.g., lubricants, domestic and industrial gas of different types, AGO, DPK and petrol to mention but a few for business to business (B2B) and business to customers (B2C) with outlets spread across Delta State and environs. Our success is strongly based on partnerships, local and international. This flexibility allows us to service a wide variety of customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Management Accountant / Finance Audit Control
Location: Warri, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Management Accountant and Finance Audit Control will be responsible for supervising daily bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivables, audit end-of-month close, review financial reporting, audit preparation, and other related duties as assigned.
- The associate will work closely with and report to the Director of Operations and Finance which will also be subject to work performance evaluation and task deliverables as assigned on the job description by the Human Resources Department.
- The Audit officer in conducting various departmental audits such as Procurement, Accounting, Marketing, and sales. The audits may involve financial, performance, compliance, and output aspects. It is a gazette officer position and most of the time will be making decisions at the section level on approval and reporting it to the higher authorities.
- The finance and Accounts Audit Control Lead activity works in link with the Operations and Human Resources to help the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.” Management Accountant / Finance Audit Control” verifies the accuracy of financial statements and tax filings and may search for clues as to why some figures don’t quite add up.
- Ensure stringent control over all the financial activities of the organization. Presenting to the management needs assurance of the authenticity of the financial records and the efficiency of the operations of the firm.
Perfect Accounting System:
- Responsible for keeping a very close check on the accounting system of the organization as presented by the Company Accountant. To checks everything from the vouchers to the authority of transactions to mathematical accuracy. Ensuring that entries are verified against documents and other proof. Chances of mistakes or frauds should greatly be reduced.
Review of Business:
- Responsible to keep a check on the financial and operational aspects of a business. So as the current financial year is ongoing, accounts/finance control can point out the mistakes, weak points, and strengths of the business. This will allow an ongoing review, instead of waiting till the year-end.
- Ensure weekly audit of entire company activity, which must be submitted at the end of every month. In the process of internal audit, there is always a valuation and verification of an asset. There is also a physical verification of the ownership and possession of the asset. And in case of special transactions like sale, purchase or revaluation of the asset, the authorization of this is also audited in an internal audit to be done by the Finance/Accounts Audit Control. So, the assets enjoy complete protection.
- Keeps a Check on Errors and effects controls and corrections for company Accountant, Procurement, Marketing Lead, and Admin Lead.
- Consistently follow up on daily activities and track expenditures to avoid accumulating evidence that may warrant Tax liability.
- Prepare a general template for instituting regular and timely presentation of income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- The proper business analysis must be conducted to forecast, budget and measure performance as well as planning that must be presented to management for effective decision making.
- While ensuring risks are managed and analysed, management accountants must be able to identify trends, uncertainty, and opportunities for business improvement, make certain arrangements for external funding and financing of operations with experienced knowledge in monitoring and enforcing compliance.
- Design and maintain a company financial system and supervise its bookkeepers and data workstations.
- A versatile knowledge of the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and basic tax principles. With the aim of improving the skills of colleagues to include the basic understanding of cost accounting.
- Have basic financial tools such as discounted cash flow, management economics, and key soft skills as communication, presentation, writing, persuasion, and interpersonal skills as well as emotional intelligence.
- Must be able to display a technical understanding of information technology with a sound understanding of excel, PowerPoint and key financial management tools.
- Must have a clear understanding of the company vision and mission statement with the sole aim of placing colleagues and new intakes through the big picture by supporting managing in the decision-making process, such as structuring of the organization operation, keeping an eye on foundational risk assessment, capital investment and project financing and management.
- Management Accountant must have exceptional leadership and management skills, persuasive and convincing abilities, human capital management and financial management capabilities
- In recent times business visibility is key to enhancing productivity hence the need to be versatile with the use of social media for marketing and sales.
- Ensure proper recording and crunching of numbers are instituted for ethical conduct. Therefore, certain required standards such as competence, confidentiality integrity and credibility must be upheld always.
- Display deep insight into the advertised position. Furthermore, the details of the company resource opening should be well understood to enable a timely decision based on actual data. The ability to detects flaws, advice correctly based on the current reality and provides means to form long-term strategies to scale business activities is a strong requirement.
- Choosing and managing company investment and assets.
- Ensure proper risk management and providing shock and protection for company material and assets.
- Preparing monthly budgets for all activities of the company
- Advising management on financial activities and decisions.
- Enforcing proactive strategy for decision making.
- other job descriptions will be on employment engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Applicant must have a minimum of B.Sc., M.Sc. preferably in a Business discipline such as Accounting, Finance.
- MBA and Professional Certifications is an added advantage.
- 5-10 years of working experience.
- Including oral communication, report writing, and presentation skills. Problem-solving skills (i.e., conceptual, and analytical thinking) Ability to promote the value of internal audit among key employees within the organization for management decision making.
Other demanding skills include:
- Experience with accounting software’s and data entry
- Excellent understanding of accounting rules and procedures including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical skills
- Team Player
- Result Oriented
- Target Driven
- Ability to work under pressure and numerous demands.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2021.