Ibrahim Magu, performing chairman of the Financial and Monetary Crimes Fee (EFCC), will face one other day of questioning on Tuesday over the actions of the company underneath his watch.
He was detained on Monday night time on the police headquarters in Abuja.
The presidential panel probing him is headed by Ayo Salami, former president of the court docket of enchantment.
TheCable understands that the panel sat until 10pm on Monday after which Magu was detained.
Abubakar Malami, attorney-general of the federation (AGF), had requested President Muhammadu Buhari to sack Magu over some “weighty” allegations.
A few of the allegations he listed are:
- Discrepancies within the reconciliation information of the EFCC on recovered funds
- Leaking investigative studies to the media earlier than going to court docket
- Sale of seized belongings to cronies, associates and pals
- Shortfall of N35 billion in his declaration of recovered funds
- Insubordination to the AGF
- Not offering sufficient evidences for the extradition of Diezani Alison-Madueke
- Ignoring court docket order to unfreeze a N7 billion judgment in favour of a suspect
(function(d, s, id)
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = 'https://join.fb.web/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&model=v3.0';
(doc, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
The publish Magu detained in a single day as questioning enters second day appeared first on AmazGist Ent.