Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer’s supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughly 70,000 people. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere – all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics & Services Procurement Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are hiring a Logistics & Services Procurement Manager in Lagos, Nigeria to join our Africa Procurement team.
- The person will ensure that every dollar spent is spent professionally. This is achieved by reducing operating expenses and driving a saving mindset by applying procurement capabilities and tools.
- The function aims to attain a competitive asset base for the future that is fully operational, at cost, on time.
- The scene comes with significant pressure to optimise costs and increase the returned value from our suppliers, so that we can provide maximum value to our customers. How we overcome this challenge and catapult above our competitors is the ultimate question within Maersk Africa.
- This is your opportunity to join and make a difference to Maersk’s development
- Working as an L&S Assistant Procurement Manager you will be responsible for managing a portfolio, e.g. a sub-region of Africa spanning multiple countries and categories (trucking, customs house brokerage, warehousing, depots, rail etc.).
- Driving Maersk’s vision of becoming a global integrator of container logistics and growing the company’s L&S footprint in Africa.
- Managing your own work module independently, while being part of a team.
- Solving problems in a structured and analytical manner.
- Conducting tenders and negotiations independently.
- Managing internal and external stakeholder relations
We are Looking For
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
- In possession of a tertiary purchasing qualification (supply chain or purchasing) is preferred.
- At least +10 years of experience in procurement or business development at a multinational company.
- Outstanding professional performance.
- Enthusiastic, positive and self-energized.
- Strategic mindset and an ability to create seamless and creative solutions to challenging goals.
- Strong personal impact with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven outstanding negotiation skills and ability to engage with suppliers and internal stakeholders and build meaningful relationships in order to grow the L&S landscape.
- Ability to work in ambiguous contexts and quickly adapt without losing speed or executional focus.
- Seek new opportunities with the customer in mind and be open to and listen to new ideas and different perspectives.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of customer business from an L&S perspective, supply chain and financial insights.
- Aptitude for leadership and inspiring others to excel.
- A unique opportunity for personal and professional development in a team of 22 professionals managing a portfolio of ~200m USD per year.
- A procurement career while building a strong platform for future leadership roles within Maersk.
- Accountability and opportunity to deliver impact regardless of tenure.
- Senior management exposure from day one.
- Ability to get familiarized working in and with Africa, while being exposed to global operations and creating global impact.
- A fast-paced and dynamic environment with a distinct respect for the individual.
- An international team with likeminded young top performers.
- Diverse project portfolio and ability to see end-to-end procurement cycle.
Application Closing Date
20th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online