ENGIE Energy Access is a leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities.
With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access (EEA) aims to remain a leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Local Operator, Mini Grids
Location: Gbangban, Niger
Department: Mini Grids
- The Local Operator position is a customer-facing staff role, in charge of the day-to-day commercial and technical activities at the Mini Grids site in the Gbangban, Niger.
- You will be the representative of the organization on-site and the main stakeholder customers come to asking for information, advice, or help.
- You will be part of a cluster team that manages 10 to 15 villages and that will be able to provide you with guidance to support your growth and help you overcome challenges and feel confident in your role.
Key Responsibilities, Deliverables, and Activities
- First level customer support
- Products and services promotion
- Manage the construction and clean up activities around the Mini Grid site
Deliverables and Activities
Commercial Activities at village level such as:
- First level customer support
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Customer service.
- Assisting the customer in making mobile money payments.
- Visit customers at the request of the Cluster manager.
- Take note of customers’ problems and report them to the Cluster manager.
- Inform about the status of the service.
- Keep our service rules, customer commitments and a suggestion booklet available to customers.
Products and Services Promotion:
- Existing uses: generate leads and participate in the sale of devices/services.
- New uses: Detect, promote, and support the implementation
- Communicate new offers and other information to customers, as necessary.
- Communicate and participate in all commercial campaigns to customers
- Visit clients on an ad hoc basis (if the cluster is unable to reach them) and provide details of their situation
- Assist with equipment rental contracts at the request of the cluster
- Facilitate solutions when lease problems arise
- Communicate about potential buyers for resale
- Take care of appliances stored on site.
- Maintain the inventory in the kiosk (Note each delivery and all sales made)
- Provide weekly feedback on activities in the village
- If an energy users’ committee exists:
- Organize committee meetings or events
- Prepare reports on activities, events and projects
- Distribution line maintenance
- coordination for branches cutting, poles check-up
- Performing the basic GU maintenance
- Cleaning of the Solar panel
- Perform Internal wiring and troubleshooting activities
- Managing Installation and monitor innovation projects
- Performing the server reset activities
- Report any unusual event on the generation unit, on the grid, or at the customer’s houses.
- Produce monthly inspection and maintenance reports.
- Management of the generator – inform and organize the provision of diesel whenever necessary
- maintenance of the Genset (if mechanical skills)
- Technical material inventory
IT and Digital:
- Monitoring of internet at working on site
- Refund the 3G fat box accordingly
- Switch connection between satellite and fat box whenever required under Technician/Engineer phone supervision.
- Responsible for safety and security of the plants and installed equipment included poles
- To instruct client the use of electricity and the appliances in safe practices and respond to customer safety concerns in a timely manner
- To ensure that first aid is administered to injured customers
- To post and maintain all warning and danger signs on the walls of the plants and poles
- To check fire extinguishers are available and serviced in time
- To encourage the clients and visitors to observe HSSE
- To report any kind of site emergencies to HSSE Officer and manager
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- SSCE or NABTEB
- OND – Electrical is an added advantage
- Native or resident of Gbangban, Niger
- Organized and able to follow through and prioritize tasks
- Willingness to spend time in rural areas, getting to know the EEA customer
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience as a collaborative, hands-on team player and eagerness to learn new tools and/or roll up sleeves to get the job done.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online