Nigerian Exchange Group (NGX Group) is a leading financial market infrastructure provider in Africa, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Listings Compliance and Enforcement Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
About the Job
- NGX Regulation Limited (NGX RegCo) requires an industry professional with a strong personality, good people management skills and the ability to work as a team player to support the entity.
- The individual will be required to have a strong finance/legal background experience preferably with experience from the capital market. We are seeking an exceptional individual to work in close partnership with the Team Lead, Listings Compliance & Enforcement.
- The Listings Compliance and Enforcement Officer shall have responsibility for overall monitoring of listed companies to ensure compliance with the post-listing rules of Nigerian Exchange Limited (NGX) as well as other statutory and corporate governance requirements.
- The successful candidate will be saddled with providing continuous training and guidance to companies listed on NGX on the usage of the online filing platform of NGX and ensuring information filed therein meet the acceptable standards set by NGX RegCo.
- Analyse Issuers’ compliance with IFRS and IAS provisions and its applicability to specific industries.
- Monitor post-listing compliance status of Issuers.
- Draw up matrix and statistical analysis of Issuers’ compliance status.
- Review publication from Issuers intended for public dissemination.
- Ensure the accuracy of information disseminated by Issuers.
- Prepare bulletins and press releases for the market operators and the website update.
- Understand and interpret Capital Market Rules, Codes and Regulations.
- Propose regulatory programs.
- Propose and formulate rules and regulations.
- Review Regulatory technology platforms and propose updates.
- Update and review rules periodically and monitor documents for effective regulation.
- Propose amendment to rules of NGX and ensure NGX’s rules are up to date with Corporate Governance principles.
- Monitor meetings of Issuers and manage the regulatory relationship with them.
- Track new government policies and advise Issuers and NGX RecgCo’s Management appropriately.
- Collaborate with other regulatory agencies to ensure a strong regulatory environment.
- Manage relationships within NGX RegCo.
- Participate in relevant regulatory projects.
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- Preferably a Degree in Law; B.Sc or HND in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Banking and Finance, or related fields may also be considered.
- MBA or professional qualifications in Corporate Governance and Finance fields are an added advantage.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ post NYSC work experience in the financial sector.
- Adequate knowledge of IFRS, securities legislations and corporate governance principles and codes.
- Proven ability to accurately analyse financial ratios.
Candidates Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of the workings and operations of the securities market.
- Understanding the need for confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Time management skills, ability to multi-task and quick turnaround time.
- Excellent communication, presentation skills and business writing skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Experience in research, analysis, collection/collation, interpretation and presentation of data; developing standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards, and metrics; interfacing and liaising with top and senior management, employees and other key stakeholders.
- Accounting knowledge and ability to analyse and Interpret Company’s Accounts.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online