WhatsApp has introduced that a lot of new options will start to roll out to customers within the coming weeks, together with animated stickers and QR codes.
In a weblog publish on Wednesday (1 July), the corporate mentioned that greater than two billion folks presently use the messaging app and that these extra options will likely be accessible to all customers.
The additions embody:
- Animated Stickers: Stickers are one of many quickest rising methods folks talk on WhatsApp, with billions despatched every single day. We’re rolling out new animated sticker packs which might be much more enjoyable and expressive;
- QR codes: We’re making it simpler than ever so as to add a brand new contact. Quickly once you meet somebody new, it is possible for you to to scan their QR code so as to add them to your contacts. No extra tapping of their digits one by one;
- Darkish mode for WhatsApp net and desktop: The extremely fashionable Darkish Mode theme now extends to your laptop;
- Enhancements to group video calls: With now as much as eight folks on a video name, we’ve made it simpler to deal with whoever you need by letting you press and maintain to maximise a participant’s video to full display. We additionally added a video icon in group chats of eight or much less, so you may simply begin a gaggle video name with 1-tap;
- Standing involves KaiOS: KaiOS customers can now benefit from the fashionable characteristic that permits you to share updates that disappear after 24 hours.
The beneath video particulars these new options in additional element.
Learn: New legal guidelines proposed for South Africa – together with guidelines across the messages you may ship