Pensions Alliance Limited (PAL Pensions) is a licensed Pension Fund Administrator with over 10 years of professional experience in Pension Funds Administration. We were incorporated on April 14, 2005 to manage and administer retirement savings contributions of employees in Nigeria as a result of the Pension Reform Act of 2004.
As part of initiatives to enhance its capacity in achieving its objectives, PAL seeks to recruit a dynamic, passionate and resourceful professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer, Associate I
- The role holder will report to the Company Secretary / Legal Adviser and will be responsible for the effective and efficient administration of the Company Secretarial and Legal department, provision of legal advisory services support and ensuring effective management of legal and contractual risks.
- Conduct legal research to assist the team in rendering accurate legal opinion and high standard of commercial practice.
- Render returns at CAC, submit forms and other Statutory Notices to CAC for filing and obtain certified true copies.
- Assist the Company Secretary in proper documentation/ record keeping of all matters.
- Review of legal and corporate framework.
- Update list of contracts, guarantees, indemnities and security documents, titles, leases, licenses etc. and ensure proper records are obtained and kept.
- Manage litigation cases and provide monthly report on cases and the law firm handling it.
- Assist in preparation, collation and binding of Board Papers, resolutions, extracts and documents required by the Company.
- Conduct internal and external investigations to outline legal issues affecting the Company and proffer solutions.
- Provide effective support to the smooth running of the department and management of the Company Secretariat functions including drafting of minutes, resolutions and excerpts of minutes.
- Obtain information from departments for briefing external lawyers and assist in collating Legal Reports, Documents/Correspondence on Litigation.
- Manage legal matters relating to the Company’s mortgage scheme.
- Prepare monthly report of updates on pending litigation(s) of the company and the funds for the sign off of the Company Secretary/Legal adviser.
- Work with the Company Secretary to maintain and update all statutory books for the Company.
- Preparation of legal reports and other legal documents for the department.
- Preparation of drafts and vetting of all agreements.
- Should possess a minimum educational qualification of a 2:2 Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Law; (LLB. BL). or related fields.
- Minimum of Seven (7) years legal advisory experience from a law firm or reputable institution.
- Must be a Chartered secretary and should be admitted to the Nigerian Bar.
- Proven company secretarial and corporate governance working experience.
- Good grasp of CAMA and PRA 2014 including PenCom Regulations.
- Good minute writing and drafting skills.
- Experienced in Litigation, attending court and disciplinary hearings.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to manage a team on specific tasks.
- Hands-on skills in managing complex relationship in a matrixed environment.
- Good organisational and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Strong Stakeholder management skills.
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
2nd January, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.