Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Financial Planning & Analysis, Programs
- The Lead, FP&A is a key partner to the Head of Finance & Accounting, Africa and Program Senior leadership Program team members accountable for Program financial risk management through financial planning and monitoring, financial analysis for strategic decision-making in programming and provision of critical inputs to enable cash management to fund the Foundation’s operations. This position will be responsible for developing and driving a proactive, collaborative partnership with the Enterprise FP&A teams.
Ways You Can Contribute
- Finance Business partner to the Head of Research and the Head of Strategy & Planning within the program team.
- Undertake the full financial cycle management of programming (Research Programs) including, but not limited to, aspects of Due Dil, Budgeting, Contracting, Risk management, Continuous financial management and financial controls within the programmatic space.
- Provide them with end-to-end financial support; providing financial information, tools, analysis and insight, enabling more effective & informed decisions and driving strategy.
- Structure, build, and maintain financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations for the programs portfolio.
- You will also strategically support the decision making on tools and technology to understand how different systems and tools work together to enable data / information of decision making.
Budgeting & Forecast:
- Develop & drive the budgeting cycle for Programs Function and providing analysis and explanation of current and historic performance in collaboration with the enterprise FP&A team.
- Build and maintain a rolling forecast of current and future commitments and disbursements and linkages on how the foundation is tracking towards delivery of strategic objectives.
Reporting & Analysis:
- Develop dashboards to track key performance metrics and monitor the foundation’s performance as regards the programs portfolio. Provide management with insights into drivers of strategic objectives, as well as risks and opportunities.
- Liaise with Programs teams and Country heads for inputs to aid in consolidation of monthly management reports together with the Enterprise FP&A Team & the Strategy planning teams.
- Collaborate with Accounting and FP&A to optimize and expedite FP&A inputs to the monthly close process.
- Prepare succinct and clear executive presentations (financial information) that simplify complex topics, often with time sensitive deliverables.
- Develop and embed reporting processes & routines together with the FP&A Head/Lead across the program finance teams that enable availability of accurate and timely information for decision support for the programs teams & continuously identify opportunities for improvement.
- Integrate impact measurement into forecasting and reporting processes.
- Develop partnership with stakeholders throughout organization.
- Together with the Enterprise FP&A Head/Lead share industry knowledge and expertise with the finance team & other teams to build capability & elevate financial management literacy as needed.
- Any other tasks as maybe required from time to time.
Who You Are
- 12+ years of experience in a highly quantitative role, with rigorous forecast and analytics reporting accountability.
- A minimum of 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or related field.
- Experience in a similar role within a large global organization would be an added advantage.
- Advanced experience in financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting, profit and loss management and analysis.
- Experience in the use of analysis tools such as Power BI, to distill complex issues into simple models and decision-making frameworks.
- Proactive in seeking solutions and better ways of working with proven ability to in building and improving process.
- Ability to present financial information to a Board level audience and to non-financial business partners.
- Good working knowledge of Financial accounting & reporting controls.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and Microsoft office skills.
- Good Judgement, strong commercial acumen & analytical skills, with great attention to detail.
- High level of accountability.
- Ability to build positive business relationships and work collaboratively.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities and an ability to prioritize, work and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- French language and/or local language skills are an asset.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online