Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services, and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead, Corporate Communications
- Reporting to the Head, Corporate Communications, the Lead, Corporate Communications will be responsible for managing the Foundation’s brand, reputation, and overseeing the development of a coherent brand story with corresponding design vocabulary.
- This position also develops a dissemination strategy to build awareness of the Foundation’s work and impact with relevant external stakeholders, including media.
- The successful candidate will be based in any of our listed offices in Africa; Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya, Senegal, Ghana, and Nigeria.
Ways You Can Contribute
- Lead measurement framework initiative and its roll out across the Public Affairs and Communications (PAC) team. Ensure measurement framework is properly being used by PAC team and updated as necessary. Provide annual summary on Corporate Communications measurement results.
- Develop and manage brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision, narrative, and value proposition to support short- and long-term objectives.
- Plan and execute content metrics, reputation and brand measurement and ensure approach adapts to and reflects most recent insights and brand management best practices.
- Ensure compliance with law (e.g., copyright and data protection).
- Lead the development and implementation of enterprise campaigns. Pro-actively identify enterprise-wide storytelling opportunities.
- Support launch of EleV in Canada working closely with Lead, Public Affairs and Communications Canada.
- Manage production and dissemination of Foundation signature publications (e.g., Youth Think Tank Report, Youth Voices, etc.)
- Work in close collaboration with other departments such as Research, Impact, Policy & Thought Leadership, Country Program Communications, and Legal & Compliance to ensure alignment on branding of Partner Programs and materials.
- Manage content gathering and asset management working closely with Program Communications (Canada and Africa) and Policy & Thought Leadership teams. This ensures that there is alignment across the organization in terms of our brand narrative and storytelling.
- Manage a team of vendors, including photographers, videographers, writers, editors, translators, proofreaders, and graphic designers.
- Lead brand architecture work and roll out across the Foundation.
- Lead biennial IPSOS reputation audit and preparation of summary report.
- Work with executive team, media, Public Affairs and Communications team, etc. to identify brand awareness opportunities.
- Manage integrated campaigns to elevate brand/Foundation awareness.
- Develop content or communications to create or promote brand awareness (e.g., brand video).
- Manage and update PAC Brand site on Intranet as necessary.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations and/or other relevant certification.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of communications, journalism, or public relations.
- Demonstrated brand positioning and management experience.
- Experience working with senior leadership and in matrix environment.
- Understanding of content management systems and best practices in content strategy.
- Understanding of social media best practices and experience in gleaning insight from content metrics.
- Extensive experience in content development – including video and editorial.
- Understanding of branding design principles.
- You are a strategic thinker with ability to focus on big picture.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop corporate programs to support Foundation goals and priorities.
- Detail-oriented with strong leadership, mentoring, and coaching skills.
- Excellent budgeting and time management skills.
- Consistently demonstrates good judgement and innovative thinking to resolve challenging issues.
- Ability to set and meet annual measurement metrics.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: To avoid missing email communication about your application, please check your spam / junk folder and mark our emails as “not junk”.