The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is currently recruiting suitable candidates for the Grant’s Chest X-Ray Program and PCR Laboratory in the position below:
Job Title: Data Entry Clerk
Duration of Contract: 19 Months (June 2022 to December 2023)
Department: Permanent Secretary Office
Section: Global Fund Grant Management Unit
Reporting to: State AIDS Program Coordinator
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Global Fund Grant comprising of Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfil the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB and RSSH) within the LSMoH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
- To ensure data generated at public and private health facilities within the LGA are reported accurately and in a timely manner for use by the Local Implementation Team and the State program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with LGA Focal persons & M&E Officers and LACA structures to ensure that all Facilities offering HIV services within the LGA are reporting timely data.
- Transfer data generated from the facility by the Facility records officers/ Facility M&E Officers into computer file or database system
- Verify and update all data by comparing with the facility source documents to ensure the accuracy of data.
- Ensure that all data in the different thematic areas are submitted to the SASCP M&E officers for onward transmission to the National reporting template.
- Work with the Implementing Partners within the facility to ensure that timely data is provided to the State AIDS Control Program unit.
- Work with Local Implementation Team (which includes the LGA FP, LGA M&E officer) on coordination and implementation of the HIV activities in their LGAs using data to make informed decisions.
- Any other task as assigned by the Supervisors at the LGA and State level.
- National Diploma in Data Management related disciplines.
- Proven experience as Data Entry Clerk with not less than 2 years work experience
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Applications and Database Tools
- Great attention to detail
- Experience working with Electronic Medical Record Systems including DHIS2
- Experience in Data Management of Health Programs especially HIV
- Knowledge of National HIV Guidelines
- Experience in working with Public and Private Health Facilities
- Experience in Data Quality Assurance / Assessment.
Application Closing Date
5:00 PM: 28th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- One Position Available for Badagry Residents only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.
- The successful candidates are expected to resume by June 2022.
Please note that the collected data will be used solely for the selection process. This process may include the following:
- Data Verification
- Reference checks
- Assessment of the qualifications and skills needed to perform the job you are applying for;
- Phone and email communication concerning the process
- Fulfilling legal regulations.