The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is currently recruiting suitable candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Consultant, Programmatic Technical Assistance
Location: Lagos State Ministry of Health, The Secretariat, Alausa, Lagos
Reporting to: Resilient and Sustainable System for Health Team Lead
Duration of Contract: 15 days
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Global Fund Grant comprising of Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfill the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB and RSSH) within the LSMoH, Sub-Recipients (SRs), and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is recruiting a consultant for a contract duration of 15 days each to support the Mid-Term Review of the State Strategic Health Development Plan II (2018-2022). The date of commencement shall be communicated at engagement.
- The main objective of this Technical Assistant (TA) is to support the Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMOH) for the Mid-term review of the State Strategic Health Development Plan II (2018-2022).
Duties of the Consultant
The deliverables are as follows:
- Submission of all supporting materials used for the review
- Reviewed SSHDP II Narrative and M&E Plan.
- Validated SSHDP II Implementation Framework document.
- Development of the SSHDP II workshop report
- Consultancy Report.
Experience and Qualifications
- A Health Management Consultant with a minimum of 10 years proven proficiency with experience in programme management
- Experience in similar activity with the Lagos State Ministry of Health
- A good knowledge of the Lagos State Health Sector.
- Must possess demonstrated experience in performing similar functions for organizations or governmental agencies especially for the Lagos State Ministry of Health
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of the Global Fund
- Outstanding communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work effectively under pressure, including in a multicultural environment.
- Must possess excellent oral and written skills.
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft office suite.
Application Closing Date
12:00 PM: 28th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Two (2) hard copies (one marked “Original”, the other “Copy”) of the Technical Proposals (with accompanying documents) which must be packaged into one envelope properly sealed and clearly marked on the top right-hand corner “Technical Proposals for the Consultancy Service for Mid-Term Review for SSHDP II”. Indicate the position being applied for on the envelope: Program.
Two (2) hard copies (one marked “Original”, the other “Copy”) of the Financial Proposals (with accompanying documents) which must be packaged into a further envelope properly sealed and clearly marked on the top right-hand corner “Financial Proposal for the for the Consultancy Service for Mid-Term Review for SSHDP II”. Indicate the position being applied for on the envelope: Program.
The two envelopes shall then be enclosed in one single outer envelope. The inner and outer envelopes shall: bear the name and address of the bidder, be addressed to the Unit at the address specified below, and bear the name of the Proposal (LSMOH-SSHDP II Review Proposals):
The LSMOH / Grant Management Unit Coordinator,
Global Fund, Grant Management Unit Office,
Folarin Coker Staff Clinic,
State Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja,
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.
- The successful candidates are expected to resume by May 2022.
Please note that the collected data will be used solely for the selection process. This process may include the following:
- Data Verification;
- Reference checks;
- Assessment of the qualifications and skills needed to perform the job you are applying for;
- Phone and email communication concerning the process;
- Fulfilling legal regulations.