The Grant Management Unit, Lagos State Ministry of Health is currently recruiting suitable candidates for the Grant’s Chest X-Ray Program and PCR Laboratory in the position below:
Job Title: Chest X-Ray Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Duration of Contract: 19 Months (June 2022 to December 2023)
Terms of Reference: GMU CXR M&E Officer
Department: Permanent Secretary Office
Section: GF Grant Management Unit
Reporting to: CXR Project Coordinator
The Lagos State Ministry of Health (LSMoH) is a Principal Recipient (PR) for Global Fund Grant comprising of Tuberculosis and Resilient Sustainable Systems for Health (RSSH). As the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health is legally responsible for the management of the integrated grant ensuring achievement of the programmatic results and accountability of the grant financial resources.
To fulfil the mandate of the Principal Recipient, the Ministry of Health has established the Grant Management Unit (GMU) to carry out the functions of the PR. The Grant Management Unit works with other implementing units (TB and RSSH) within the LSMoH, Sub-Recipients (SRs) and other implementing partners in executing its mandate and ensuring that the grant is managed and implemented in compliance with grant agreement signed between the Global Fund and the Principal Recipient.
- Taking the lead in the monitoring and evaluation of the Chest X-Ray (CXR) component of the NGA-T-LSMOH Grant in compliance with the policies and procedures of the Global Fund, including development of Performance Framework, designing of templates, data collection, accurate recording and reporting of activities and indicators, review and analysis of CXR TB screening data to guide programmatic decision-making.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Strengthen monitoring, inspection, evaluation and reporting procedures for the CXR screening component of the grant. Facilitate information collection for internal monitoring, analysis and reporting for CXR programmatic activities and performance indicators for Global Fund grant.
- Design M&E tools for CXR TB screening data collection, data analysis and reporting.
- Collate and analyse data from various CXR sites for program improvement.
- Compute projections for CXR TB Screening that will guide quantifications for paper-based R&R tools.
- Generate QR Codes to serve as unique identifier for each person screened for TB with CXR
- Create and/or manage the electronic data collection platform used for the CXR screening.
- Train the Data Officers and provide continuous on-the-job mentoring (remote or onsite) across the designated CXR sites
- Present routine report of the activities and analyzed data to the management so as to aid in decision making, tracking progress and determining next steps of action.
- Conduct routine data quality verification, audits and supervisions of the data officers working on the CXR component of the grant.
- Work closely with other M&E teams (GMU, STBLCP and SR) to support implementation of other M&E related activities such as DQA and routine supervisions on the grant
- Suggest strategies to the GMU for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- Provide direct support to ensure the optimization of the technical component of the CXR systems
- Support the CXR Project coordinator.
- Other duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Degree in Public Health, Medical Sciences, Statistics, Computer Science/ICT and other related fields, with 5 years and above experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of Public Health Programs (with capacity in Database Management, Strategic Information Management, Data Quality Assurance/Assessment)
- Working knowledge of M&E reporting platforms including Electronic Medical Record System
- Advance knowledge of Spreadsheets development and management (e.g., MS Excel, Google sheets) for data collection, collation, and reporting
- Working knowledge of Database development and management tools (e.g., SQL, MS Access, etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools (e.g., MS Excel, SPSS, STATA, etc.), experience with PowerBI, Tableau or other advance analytical tools is an added advantage
- Must possess the ability to analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data to inform public health programming
- Ability to troubleshoot computer hardware, software and peripheral
- Experience in the use of any cloud-based solution will be an added advantage
- Experience with providing supportive supervision to program sites
- Experience in Data Governance and Compliance.
Application Closing Date
5:00 PM: 28th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advanced to the next stage of the selection process.
- The successful candidates are expected to resume by June 2022.
Please note that the collected data will be used solely for the selection process. This process may include the following:
- Data Verification
- Reference checks
- Assessment of the qualifications and skills needed to perform the job you are applying for;
- Phone and email communication concerning the process
- Fulfilling legal regulations.