Julius Berger Nigeria Plc is one of the largest private employers in Nigeria with a workforce numbering around 14,000 and enjoys an excellent reputation as a reliable partner. It is the parent company of Julius Berger International GmbH based in Wiesbaden. Core skills in Nigeria comprise every phase of a project from planning and construction to the operation and maintenance of construction, infrastructure and industry buildings.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Manager for Road Building Laboratory (M / F / X)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
- The role is for the Major “Abuja Kano Road” Project in Nigeria.
- A four-lane motorway between the capital city of Abuja and the northern metropolis of Kano, measuring around 380 kilometres in length is to be refurbished with large sections being newly constructed. The project also comprises almost 700 drainage and around 50 bridge structures, which must be strengthened and included in the overall concept. Our experts will be taking a genuine innovation to Nigerian road building in the form of the cold bitumen mixing process as this sustainable method protects resources and significantly reduces emissions.
- Management of the project laboratory
- Quality control, preparation of initial tests and providing building material advice to site managers
- Organization and monitoring of asphalt and concrete mixing systems and of quarries and “borrow pits”
- Team management of international and local personnel
- Responsibility for laboratory equipment, maintenance and calibration of equipment (quality assurance to ISO 9001:2015)
- Selection and review of external building materials suppliers
- Improvement of building materials
- Monitoring the site during asphalting, earthworks and concreting work as well as during bitumen stabilization
What Skills Must You Have:
- Degree in building engineering (bachelor’s or master’s degree, diploma or equivalent qualification from a polytechnic or technical university) or full training as a technician
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a similar position (ideally with overseas experience) with management responsibility
- Technical competence and expertise (earthworks and road building, construction engineering) and in-depth concrete technology and asphalt technology expertise
- Good knowledge of international regulations (EN, DIN, BS, AASHTO, ASTM)
- Well-versed English skills (written and oral)
- Teamwork, flexibility
What We Offer
- We have a responsible job waiting for you with very good remuneration and various bonuses, social benefits and low tax burden as well as good training opportunities.
- You will receive an extensive travel package from us. This also includes G35 examinations, inoculations, visas and flights.
- We will provide you with furnished, air-conditioned accommodation in the company’s own camp, which has an infrastructure including sport and leisure facilities, a clubhouse, German and international television programmes, etc.
- We work with external partners to ensure that you have the best possible security in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online