WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Chemist Lead
Location: Delta State
- Ensure daily management of the Company`s laboratory to meet all necessary analysis in crude oil Production, Water Injection, gas processing and process monitoring. The analysis could be carried out on daily, weekly or monthly basis using internationally accepted standards and method and complying with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Quality Management Systems (QMS) to support production and meet corporate objectives.
- Manage the laboratory equipment and reagents to ensure that they are fit to meet the required analysis and supervise the calibration and in-house maintenance of basic laboratory equipment to support production and meet regulatory license.
- Responsible for planning and execution of laboratory equipment maintenance by other third-party contractors to enhance availability of equipment and support production volume.
- Supervise all the necessary reports of petroleum products analysis carried out and ensure they get to the Production Chemistry Manager as at when due and carry out QA/QC checks on all data generated from the laboratory to ensure reliability of data to support the business.
- Generate and maintain all laboratory records in a safe and controlled manner and maintain an updated laboratory inventories to avoid stock out to support and enhance business improvement.
- Develop and maintain good working relationship with internal and external laboratory contacts to ensure production volumes are delivered timely and in conformance to Production requirements.
- Provide guidance and train Production Operators in some simple laboratory and equipment analysis that will help them improve on their understanding of some process operation of the asset as part of the human capital development to sustain production and life cycle asset integrity.
- Champion all Company`s HSE issues as well as managing laboratory waste disposal, chemical spill and hazard waste management as it relates to laboratory operation including active participation in the Company`s SHICS program to enhance safety of personnel and environment and meet regulatory requirements for license to operate.
- Assist Facility and Production Engineers in their effort to maintain the integrity of the facility by providing laboratory data/information as may be required to enhance production and support asset integrity in terms of internal corrosion management.
- Alert the Production Chemistry Manager or Production Operations personnel immediately there is deviation in parameters set for the running of the plant through daily monitoring and analysis to sustain production
- Provide support to the Production Chemistry Manager to deliver effectively in the ever increasing demands for analytical information and for succession planning.
- Follow standard test procedures to determine physical and chemical properties of process products to ensure results meet quality control standards to sustain production.
- A minimum of B.Sc Degree or HND in Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry and a minimum of 5years sampling and analytical experience oil and gas production chemistry laboratory.
- Must possess analytical thinking and mind set, ability to work under pressure and innovative.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online